Wednesday, June 2, 2010
my overdue payment
i got a call yesterday from a collections agency, stating that they were trying to find me (HERE I AM!!!) and that they needed an address for me. apparently, the city that i was living in, decided that since they couldn't find me, they would give it to collections. although these collections people seemed to have no problem finding me. everything is the same....my email, my phone number, etc. it was from an apartment that i rented in the same complex as t when we were not ready to be living in the same place. after a couple months, we decided that that was dumb, t decided that he would be a champ and let me live with him (rent free!) and that was that. i got rid of the apartment. i think that the mix up came when i left, they had to lease out the apartment, likely did, then forgot to transfer all that good stuff, like water, electricity, etc. it's from 3 years ago...it's $58.00. oh well. i'm deciding if it's worth the fight for it?
today, I got a call from a very frazzled automated message machine. it was from a mortgage company, letting me know that my mortgage was severely overdue and they are just trying to locate me. then, it stated the name of the person that they were looking for. luckily for me, it wasn't me that they were hunting....but instead, shmucky boyfriend from 5 years ago. i started thinking though...."i don't want my name or number associated with ANY of his accounts." so, i stayed on the line. i talked to many very nice people after being transferred 8 times and racking up my cell phone minutes and finally got it taken care of. i asked how they must have gotten my number and they let me know that it was the only one that the holder of the account provided them with.
ONCE SHMUCKY, ALWAYS SHMUCKY!!!!
a little something about me and the life i choose to live!
my overdue payment
i got a call yesterday from a collections agency, stating that they were trying to find me (HERE I AM!!!) and that they needed an address for me. apparently, the city that i was living in, decided that since they couldn't find me, they would give it to collections. although these collections people seemed to have no problem finding me. everything is the same....my email, my phone number, etc. it was from an apartment that i rented in the same complex as t when we were not ready to be living in the same place. after a couple months, we decided that that was dumb, t decided that he would be a champ and let me live with him (rent free!) and that was that. i got rid of the apartment. i think that the mix up came when i left, they had to lease out the apartment, likely did, then forgot to transfer all that good stuff, like water, electricity, etc. it's from 3 years ago...it's $58.00. oh well. i'm deciding if it's worth the fight for it?
today, I got a call from a very frazzled automated message machine. it was from a mortgage company, letting me know that my mortgage was severely overdue and they are just trying to locate me. then, it stated the name of the person that they were looking for. luckily for me, it wasn't me that they were hunting....but instead, shmucky boyfriend from 5 years ago. i started thinking though...."i don't want my name or number associated with ANY of his accounts." so, i stayed on the line. i talked to many very nice people after being transferred 8 times and racking up my cell phone minutes and finally got it taken care of. i asked how they must have gotten my number and they let me know that it was the only one that the holder of the account provided them with.
ONCE SHMUCKY, ALWAYS SHMUCKY!!!!
4 comments:
- Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...
-
I just hate how your past can follow you even though you've firmly left it behind. Hope you clear up these little snafus in a wink!
-
June 2, 2010 at 11:53 AM
- kilax said...
-
I am happy you got the thing straightened out with the ex - because once they start calling, they don't stop, even when you tell them you aren't that person!
-
June 2, 2010 at 2:55 PM
- Bathwater said...
-
I got one of those stupid bills from a collector. It was from an eye doctor that was supposed to give me a "free" examination for lasik. I could not get the lasik so he wrote me a prescription for glasses and than charged me for it!
I didn't ask him to do that. Anyway I am continuing to ignore this $70 bill. I figure my credit can absorb one bad medical bill. -
June 3, 2010 at 9:48 AM
- Anonymous said...
-
ugh what a mess.....i hate that i still after i can't count how many years letters with my ex's name on it-yikes!
-
June 3, 2010 at 12:00 PM


4 comments:
I just hate how your past can follow you even though you've firmly left it behind. Hope you clear up these little snafus in a wink!
I am happy you got the thing straightened out with the ex - because once they start calling, they don't stop, even when you tell them you aren't that person!
I got one of those stupid bills from a collector. It was from an eye doctor that was supposed to give me a "free" examination for lasik. I could not get the lasik so he wrote me a prescription for glasses and than charged me for it!
I didn't ask him to do that. Anyway I am continuing to ignore this $70 bill. I figure my credit can absorb one bad medical bill.
ugh what a mess.....i hate that i still after i can't count how many years letters with my ex's name on it-yikes!
Post a Comment