Friday, June 4, 2010

allergy fix


as a side note, or maybe a BIG note....does anyone have any allergy suggestions?  as in, my face is falling off and feels like it is 10 times the size that it is, my throat is raw each morning, and my head is about to pound off as well and join my face.  i would LOVE not to take traditional medications, but i do need to find something that works.  Claritin stopped working, Zytec never did....my only fix is benedryl and we all know that is not a fix!  i've tried the honey thing...and that doesn't seem to work.  any others????

3 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

My hair stylist says that she starts with the local honey in February, way before allergies could hit and that seems to work for her.

I don't have any allergies myself, so I am not much help. I hope you get some relief soon!

Kate said...

This doesn't make them go away, but you have a neti pot, right? Twice a day - morning and night. My sister in law swears by "forward bends" yoga posture for relief and she also suggested I go to the food co-op and ask for help with naturopathic suggestions. NETI POT.

Kathryn said...

Also, nettles (stinging nettles) are suppose to work well. My sis says they work better for her (major allergies) than the traditional meds. But it sometimes takes a few days to kick in & she says it is better if she starts them a couple of days ahead (if she's going to visit me, cats).

Also, more expensive: lymph drainage (usually by a massage therapist), acupuncture, craniosacral work (check Upledger Institute). Or, NAET - http://www.naet.com/ I've heard it has a 70% or better success rate.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

allergy fix

as a side note, or maybe a BIG note....does anyone have any allergy suggestions?  as in, my face is falling off and feels like it is 10 times the size that it is, my throat is raw each morning, and my head is about to pound off as well and join my face.  i would LOVE not to take traditional medications, but i do need to find something that works.  Claritin stopped working, Zytec never did....my only fix is benedryl and we all know that is not a fix!  i've tried the honey thing...and that doesn't seem to work.  any others????

3 comments:

Non Sequitur Chica said...

My hair stylist says that she starts with the local honey in February, way before allergies could hit and that seems to work for her.

I don't have any allergies myself, so I am not much help. I hope you get some relief soon!

Kate said...

This doesn't make them go away, but you have a neti pot, right? Twice a day - morning and night. My sister in law swears by "forward bends" yoga posture for relief and she also suggested I go to the food co-op and ask for help with naturopathic suggestions. NETI POT.

Kathryn said...

Also, nettles (stinging nettles) are suppose to work well. My sis says they work better for her (major allergies) than the traditional meds. But it sometimes takes a few days to kick in & she says it is better if she starts them a couple of days ahead (if she's going to visit me, cats).

Also, more expensive: lymph drainage (usually by a massage therapist), acupuncture, craniosacral work (check Upledger Institute). Or, NAET - http://www.naet.com/ I've heard it has a 70% or better success rate.