Tuesday, June 22, 2010

super healing


i was going to post a picture, but then i thought twice.....

i have blisters/scabs on my heels.  this is one of the bad parts about breaking in new skates.  they will feel fine and i will be shouting from the rooftops, "These SKATES are AWESOME!!!" and then the next, I will be walking along the trail, skates in hand, looking at my blisters.  Needless to say this is what happened this weekend.  this would be fine, normally....however, i have the bike ride this weekend. 

anyone have any super-duper healing remedies they'd like to share.  I used some wound care on it that is homeopathic.  it's scabbing nicely (that's sick), but I'd like to be pain-free by Saturday.  too much to ask?  maybe...but it's worth a shot!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Might not be blister free, but these are pretty awesome.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Bandaging/Activ-Flex-Premium-Adhesive-Bandages/ID=prod16147-product

The Wife said...

Ewwwie -- I have no advice for you. I would prob go to YOU for advice on this actually. LOL

Sorry I haven't been by your bloggie in awhile, things be crazy ova here... but finally settling down.

We are staying in Broomfield at the Ren when we come out -- dunno how far that is from you. Anyway, looking forward to checking out CO... and if you're around, wanna see ya!!!

justme said...

k- the band-aids were fabulous...i'm wearing them now. you are right, they may not cure them, but they will allow me to make the ride pain free!!!

wifey- broomfield is the next town south of where i work. when are you coming???? SO EXCITED!

The Wife said...

I'll be over July 9-12th. Good luck on your ride!!!

Anonymous said...

us cyclist like to use tegaderm.....keeps the wound clean and heals well :)

justme said...

wife- another blogger who reads you is staying at your hotel the same days! i'm going to be there to pick them up on Sat. morning. what are you guys doing?

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

super healing

i was going to post a picture, but then i thought twice.....

i have blisters/scabs on my heels.  this is one of the bad parts about breaking in new skates.  they will feel fine and i will be shouting from the rooftops, "These SKATES are AWESOME!!!" and then the next, I will be walking along the trail, skates in hand, looking at my blisters.  Needless to say this is what happened this weekend.  this would be fine, normally....however, i have the bike ride this weekend. 

anyone have any super-duper healing remedies they'd like to share.  I used some wound care on it that is homeopathic.  it's scabbing nicely (that's sick), but I'd like to be pain-free by Saturday.  too much to ask?  maybe...but it's worth a shot!

6 comments:

Kate said...

Might not be blister free, but these are pretty awesome.

http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Bandaging/Activ-Flex-Premium-Adhesive-Bandages/ID=prod16147-product

The Wife said...

Ewwwie -- I have no advice for you. I would prob go to YOU for advice on this actually. LOL

Sorry I haven't been by your bloggie in awhile, things be crazy ova here... but finally settling down.

We are staying in Broomfield at the Ren when we come out -- dunno how far that is from you. Anyway, looking forward to checking out CO... and if you're around, wanna see ya!!!

justme said...

k- the band-aids were fabulous...i'm wearing them now. you are right, they may not cure them, but they will allow me to make the ride pain free!!!

wifey- broomfield is the next town south of where i work. when are you coming???? SO EXCITED!

The Wife said...

I'll be over July 9-12th. Good luck on your ride!!!

Anonymous said...

us cyclist like to use tegaderm.....keeps the wound clean and heals well :)

justme said...

wife- another blogger who reads you is staying at your hotel the same days! i'm going to be there to pick them up on Sat. morning. what are you guys doing?