we arrived in the dark of morning (?) and got to work. this year, all we had to do was blow up beach ball ballons and put them at all the major turns in the race. we did, and headed back to the big curve, where they were expecting crashes to be, if there were any. kind of freaked me out that they would want US to be the first responders to the crashes....but oh well.
here's t in his very official vest and walkie talkie.
here are some shots i took along the way. i had the great fortune of meeting one of the event photographers there that gave me some spectacular tips for photography. it was so cool to talk to him. he was praising my camera like crazy and giving t props for picking out such a good one and the super duper lens as well.
this event is always a blast. we usually volunteer for about three of these a year. our friend is SO nice and hooks us up with great running shoes and clothing for these events...so not needed, but so appreciated as well.



3 comments:
Maybe this would be a good way for me to meet people?
I think it's really cool when events appreciate their volunteers enough to assign them a task that also allows them to enjoy the race!
I should volunteer at a tri! I always think I would want to do one someday. Fun!
Post a Comment