Saturday, May 29, 2010

sludge


i've been drinking something every morning that seriously is better than coffee, energy-wise.  it's been amazing and now i don't think i can go without them.  it's this sludgy shake: 
i fully realize this is a horrid picture, but i also realize that it's a horrible looking drink.  look...it's even bubbling on the left.  and that wasn't a permanent bubble...it popped and then more formed.  it looks like something Shrek would drink.  But it's so good!  i have perfected it from the grassy mess that i made at first.  i tapered down the spinach...i just can't take three cups.  So...the final version is: 1 1/2 bananas, 1 scoop amazing grass superfood in cocoa flavor, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk.  blend away!!!!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you like it. Honestly, it doesn't look appealing. I've tried at least half a dozen different powdered drink things & most of them are pretty awful. Will have to keep your recipe in mind. :)

Bernadette said...

I think it's the Amazing Grass in chocolate flavor that makes it look like sludge... when I leave that out it's a much nicer green color. I don't mind the spinach though, I shove all the spinach I can fit into my poor magic bullet and blend away!!

Hope your having a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

these are great no? i love them!

Anonymous said...

Looks good!! I just started using my magic bullet -- and i LOVE IT

My japanese family that is in hawaii drinks a green drink every morning. My uncle Jimmy is in his late 90's and if you met him you would think he was in his 70's!!

TheWife said...

Okay I left the anonymous comment, but just so you know. It-was-me.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

sludge

i've been drinking something every morning that seriously is better than coffee, energy-wise.  it's been amazing and now i don't think i can go without them.  it's this sludgy shake: 
i fully realize this is a horrid picture, but i also realize that it's a horrible looking drink.  look...it's even bubbling on the left.  and that wasn't a permanent bubble...it popped and then more formed.  it looks like something Shrek would drink.  But it's so good!  i have perfected it from the grassy mess that i made at first.  i tapered down the spinach...i just can't take three cups.  So...the final version is: 1 1/2 bananas, 1 scoop amazing grass superfood in cocoa flavor, 1 cup of spinach, 1 cup of almond milk.  blend away!!!!

5 comments:

Kathryn said...

I'm glad you like it. Honestly, it doesn't look appealing. I've tried at least half a dozen different powdered drink things & most of them are pretty awful. Will have to keep your recipe in mind. :)

Bernadette said...

I think it's the Amazing Grass in chocolate flavor that makes it look like sludge... when I leave that out it's a much nicer green color. I don't mind the spinach though, I shove all the spinach I can fit into my poor magic bullet and blend away!!

Hope your having a great weekend!!

Anonymous said...

these are great no? i love them!

Anonymous said...

Looks good!! I just started using my magic bullet -- and i LOVE IT

My japanese family that is in hawaii drinks a green drink every morning. My uncle Jimmy is in his late 90's and if you met him you would think he was in his 70's!!

TheWife said...

Okay I left the anonymous comment, but just so you know. It-was-me.