Sunday, May 23, 2010

not my thing


2005 Jones Soda Holiday PackImage by The Rocketeer via Flickr
so, we went on an outside ride on friday night.  i'm not a fan of riding on a heavily trafficked road, or ones that have no shoulder and it just so happened that on friday, we did both.  and lived.  i will admit, by about mile 15, i was done.  it wasn't the ride that wore me out, it was dealing with the people on the road that really had me wishing that we hadn't even gone.  just as a tally....i had three bottles thrown at me and a cigarette.  REALLY??? 

it was awful.  but i'm getting back on today for a 30 miler with my sister in law.  i'm hopeful this will be better!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

That's horrible that you had things thrown at you! Sometimes I'm amazed at how rude people can be... I just want to say "it's not necessary people!!!".

I agree though about riding without a shoulder, makes me a nervous wreck, I much prefer a nice bike trail!

Hope you had a great ride today!!
xoxo

Pea said...

What!!? My street is popular for bikers--I mean the tour de France type. Every morning there are hundreds of them. We have no bike lane either but I hope no one is throwing anything at them!! Love the shoes down there BTW both of them.

Kate said...

I'm terrified of riding on the road.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Why on earth would people throw stuff at you. That's just awful. We have a lot of cyclists on the road in Chicago - heavily trafficked roads at that - and still, drivers seem to generally be patient with the cyclists and certainly don't throw stuff at them.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

not my thing

2005 Jones Soda Holiday PackImage by The Rocketeer via Flickr
so, we went on an outside ride on friday night.  i'm not a fan of riding on a heavily trafficked road, or ones that have no shoulder and it just so happened that on friday, we did both.  and lived.  i will admit, by about mile 15, i was done.  it wasn't the ride that wore me out, it was dealing with the people on the road that really had me wishing that we hadn't even gone.  just as a tally....i had three bottles thrown at me and a cigarette.  REALLY??? 

it was awful.  but i'm getting back on today for a 30 miler with my sister in law.  i'm hopeful this will be better!
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Bernadette said...

That's horrible that you had things thrown at you! Sometimes I'm amazed at how rude people can be... I just want to say "it's not necessary people!!!".

I agree though about riding without a shoulder, makes me a nervous wreck, I much prefer a nice bike trail!

Hope you had a great ride today!!
xoxo

Pea said...

What!!? My street is popular for bikers--I mean the tour de France type. Every morning there are hundreds of them. We have no bike lane either but I hope no one is throwing anything at them!! Love the shoes down there BTW both of them.

Kate said...

I'm terrified of riding on the road.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Why on earth would people throw stuff at you. That's just awful. We have a lot of cyclists on the road in Chicago - heavily trafficked roads at that - and still, drivers seem to generally be patient with the cyclists and certainly don't throw stuff at them.