Friday, May 21, 2010

the dichotomy of me


i have some different tastes.  not 'different' like different from everyone else's but my likings change by the day.  I'm not that girl that is girlie all the time, needs lipgloss, and mascara on....but i like doing that from time to time.  this was never more evidenced by me as in my latest shoe shopping drooling.

i like these.  i like them because they are cute, they are functional.  if i were working in a school on lunch duty, they would allow me to run to attend to something, rather than clop along in heels.  they are made from recycled rice paper.  They are the Keen Harvest MJ.  I just discovered that they come in sandals too....the sandals are more cute and half the price. 
secondly, i like these.  i like these because they make legs look good.  enough said?  i believe these are by Frye, you know...the boot makers!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Darn that Pioneer Woman, anyway. I saw those heels this morning, too.

Anonymous said...

you are like me girlie sometimes but not others! i like this.....is it the colorado influence in us?

justme said...

i think that it has something to do with colorado, fit!

Bernadette said...

I just found your blog thru fitandfortysomething and wanted to say HI!

You are adorable and I am loving those shoes!!

It's nice to be flexible isn't it?? Sometimes I'm girlie but other times I just want to wear jeans and flip flops, one of the perks of being a woman- we have options!

justme said...

bernadette, i agree! it's fun to not have to stay in a mold. i think that a lot of people take it though that i'm scattered. sometimes people don't even know who i am a few months later, because they'll see me without makeup and not dressed up. it's weird! i wouldn't trade it though!

Kate said...

I tried those first ones on when I went to try on the Vibrams. Thanks a lot. I wanted them SO BAD! And they didn't have my size or the style I wanted in the vibrams, but at least I know what size I am now.

justme said...

kate, i'm looking around online for a cheaper price for mine anyway. aren't they so cute on?

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

the dichotomy of me

i have some different tastes.  not 'different' like different from everyone else's but my likings change by the day.  I'm not that girl that is girlie all the time, needs lipgloss, and mascara on....but i like doing that from time to time.  this was never more evidenced by me as in my latest shoe shopping drooling.

i like these.  i like them because they are cute, they are functional.  if i were working in a school on lunch duty, they would allow me to run to attend to something, rather than clop along in heels.  they are made from recycled rice paper.  They are the Keen Harvest MJ.  I just discovered that they come in sandals too....the sandals are more cute and half the price. 
secondly, i like these.  i like these because they make legs look good.  enough said?  i believe these are by Frye, you know...the boot makers!

7 comments:

Kate said...

Darn that Pioneer Woman, anyway. I saw those heels this morning, too.

Anonymous said...

you are like me girlie sometimes but not others! i like this.....is it the colorado influence in us?

justme said...

i think that it has something to do with colorado, fit!

Bernadette said...

I just found your blog thru fitandfortysomething and wanted to say HI!

You are adorable and I am loving those shoes!!

It's nice to be flexible isn't it?? Sometimes I'm girlie but other times I just want to wear jeans and flip flops, one of the perks of being a woman- we have options!

justme said...

bernadette, i agree! it's fun to not have to stay in a mold. i think that a lot of people take it though that i'm scattered. sometimes people don't even know who i am a few months later, because they'll see me without makeup and not dressed up. it's weird! i wouldn't trade it though!

Kate said...

I tried those first ones on when I went to try on the Vibrams. Thanks a lot. I wanted them SO BAD! And they didn't have my size or the style I wanted in the vibrams, but at least I know what size I am now.

justme said...

kate, i'm looking around online for a cheaper price for mine anyway. aren't they so cute on?