Tuesday, October 5, 2010

weirdness all around


this week has been weird.  i'll just say it.  it may be because t had a big presentation last week, was on call over the weekend, then is gone.  but it's been weird. 

over the weekend, i convinced him to go to the Ben Folds concert with the Colorado Symphony.  you may gasp, but i've never heard the symphony.  i'll just say that now, i know...everything is better with strings.  i mean, it pulled at your heart WAY more than any old concert.  he played almost all the songs i loved....except: 



but he did play "The Luckiest".  This is one of my favorite songs of all time.  Literally.  i would play this at my wedding...that we aren't having.  but if we had one...this would be my song. 



it was amazing. one of the best concerts i have been to.

on another note, i did some baking this weekend.  i would post pictures...but the cupcakes that i baked...are gone.  yes.  18 of them.  gone.  just so you know, they were good.  these were them, before they were frosted ,  THESE were them.  i'll just say, a little frosting goes a long way.  one batch of frosting is WAY too much, in my opinion.

today, something a little stranger happened. 

i got an email from a grad school friend that asked if I recognized this girl (the website with the girl on followed).  i looked at the picture, before i found out what happened.  and yes, i recognized her face.  she was someone we went to school with and she was a DA in Austin.  she had just had a baby and had postpartum depression and she killed herself last friday. 

granted, i didn't know this person...if at all.  i knew her face and i know that at this point, my life is very much inundated with babies.  those were likely the two most prevalent things that we had in common, besides going to the same school.  granted, obviously, we're not thinking of babies right now.  but i can only think of that time as being a really exciting one.  it was eye-opening and scary to think of it any other way.   it made me wonder, didn't people notice, didn't someone try to get her help????  but maybe they did and there was nothing "they" could do. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

The Wifey said...

Well i hope this weird week is over for you soon!

I like The Luckiest ... so sweet.
Wish I could've experienced that concert. Symphony Orchestra's are amazing... :)

Cupcakes look yummy. I've been wanting to experiment for the longest time, and once I finish cleaning out my closets... I'm gonna do it. Just hope We don't get a call to show the place then I will have to clean up the mess fast and get out!!!

So sad about the girl who passed. I wish someone knew to get her help. A lot of people don't recognize the signs or feel like they don't know what to do to help or would be making things worse to try. It's sooo very sad.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

weirdness all around

this week has been weird.  i'll just say it.  it may be because t had a big presentation last week, was on call over the weekend, then is gone.  but it's been weird. 

over the weekend, i convinced him to go to the Ben Folds concert with the Colorado Symphony.  you may gasp, but i've never heard the symphony.  i'll just say that now, i know...everything is better with strings.  i mean, it pulled at your heart WAY more than any old concert.  he played almost all the songs i loved....except: 



but he did play "The Luckiest".  This is one of my favorite songs of all time.  Literally.  i would play this at my wedding...that we aren't having.  but if we had one...this would be my song. 



it was amazing. one of the best concerts i have been to.

on another note, i did some baking this weekend.  i would post pictures...but the cupcakes that i baked...are gone.  yes.  18 of them.  gone.  just so you know, they were good.  these were them, before they were frosted ,  THESE were them.  i'll just say, a little frosting goes a long way.  one batch of frosting is WAY too much, in my opinion.

today, something a little stranger happened. 

i got an email from a grad school friend that asked if I recognized this girl (the website with the girl on followed).  i looked at the picture, before i found out what happened.  and yes, i recognized her face.  she was someone we went to school with and she was a DA in Austin.  she had just had a baby and had postpartum depression and she killed herself last friday. 

granted, i didn't know this person...if at all.  i knew her face and i know that at this point, my life is very much inundated with babies.  those were likely the two most prevalent things that we had in common, besides going to the same school.  granted, obviously, we're not thinking of babies right now.  but i can only think of that time as being a really exciting one.  it was eye-opening and scary to think of it any other way.   it made me wonder, didn't people notice, didn't someone try to get her help????  but maybe they did and there was nothing "they" could do. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

1 comments:

The Wifey said...

Well i hope this weird week is over for you soon!

I like The Luckiest ... so sweet.
Wish I could've experienced that concert. Symphony Orchestra's are amazing... :)

Cupcakes look yummy. I've been wanting to experiment for the longest time, and once I finish cleaning out my closets... I'm gonna do it. Just hope We don't get a call to show the place then I will have to clean up the mess fast and get out!!!

So sad about the girl who passed. I wish someone knew to get her help. A lot of people don't recognize the signs or feel like they don't know what to do to help or would be making things worse to try. It's sooo very sad.