Friday, October 15, 2010
resolution
yesterday: i had to go somewhere with a group of people.
it's always so apparent when you aren't a "cool" kid, isn't it? these people are wondering, as i am, why is this girl (me) there?
what i was not so fond of, was 1. the cast down glances at my purse, which instead of being a big flowery suitcase that is all the rage now, is a small, sleek little italian bag 2. the constant referral to me as "that girl" or "she", when i'm standing right there. 3. the way that i was in a conversation with someone totally different about something and one of them came up on the tail end of a conversation letting me know that she "would rather die" than claim she went to the school that i did and 4. having two of them start talking about me when i was a foot away from them.
yes, i was cast back to a time...well, no...i wasn't. i've not experienced a time like this ever...in my childhood or my adult life. is it unbearable, no. annoying, yes.
a little something about me and the life i choose to live!
resolution
yesterday: i had to go somewhere with a group of people.
it's always so apparent when you aren't a "cool" kid, isn't it? these people are wondering, as i am, why is this girl (me) there?
what i was not so fond of, was 1. the cast down glances at my purse, which instead of being a big flowery suitcase that is all the rage now, is a small, sleek little italian bag 2. the constant referral to me as "that girl" or "she", when i'm standing right there. 3. the way that i was in a conversation with someone totally different about something and one of them came up on the tail end of a conversation letting me know that she "would rather die" than claim she went to the school that i did and 4. having two of them start talking about me when i was a foot away from them.
yes, i was cast back to a time...well, no...i wasn't. i've not experienced a time like this ever...in my childhood or my adult life. is it unbearable, no. annoying, yes.
3 comments:
- Kathryn said...
-
Wow. The world is indeed filled with clueless & insensitive folks.
I'm sorry.
Glad that you feel it is resolved. Hope that you can move on from these folks who never moved out of junior high.
Hugs. -
October 15, 2010 at 10:02 AM
- Pea said...
-
People like that are pathetic and insecure. I'll take a smooth sleek Italian purse over those dumb flowery suitcase looking things that in 2 years from now, they'll all be embarrassed of. there's "fashion trends" and then there's "style". I've seen your picture and let me tell you my AsianPacificAmerican sister, you've got style.
-
October 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM
- The Wifey said...
-
FYI -- I'm only friends with "cool" people. So the fact that we've hung out a couple of times, should say something... you're totally COOL!
I don't get people and I hate that attitude these guys seemed to have. It's such a girly stereotype.. ugh.
You took psych , you know what it's about ;) -
October 17, 2010 at 5:58 PM


3 comments:
Wow. The world is indeed filled with clueless & insensitive folks.
I'm sorry.
Glad that you feel it is resolved. Hope that you can move on from these folks who never moved out of junior high.
Hugs.
People like that are pathetic and insecure. I'll take a smooth sleek Italian purse over those dumb flowery suitcase looking things that in 2 years from now, they'll all be embarrassed of. there's "fashion trends" and then there's "style". I've seen your picture and let me tell you my AsianPacificAmerican sister, you've got style.
FYI -- I'm only friends with "cool" people. So the fact that we've hung out a couple of times, should say something... you're totally COOL!
I don't get people and I hate that attitude these guys seemed to have. It's such a girly stereotype.. ugh.
You took psych , you know what it's about ;)
Post a Comment