Wednesday, March 10, 2010

i will read what i write and pay attention, while i'm at it


i was very perplexed about the responses to my last post.  i couldn't figure it out, because throughout the whole post, i thought i had very much been cheering on the thought of  "be you!!!!"  then, i read my last line. 

i will admit, this was one post that i wrote in haste....not really because i didn't want to, but mostly because i had a million things to do. 

of COURSE, be you!!!!!  and of course, have funny, strange nuances!  i, out of ANYONE has absolutely ZERO room to talk about those...i have more than the average person.  what i didn't explain very thoroughly, was that those things that people had done, were all very (maybe not in the way that I told it) mean or rude things that happened in terrible times (except for the elf).  the purpose to my stories, was more just a reminder to me, that in all of this, i want to be remembered for me and i want to have more moments where i'm truly ME, rather than being remembered for things that are uncharactaristic of myself....which would be, being mean.  i think of these stories about these people and honestly, think it's more sad (and funny) that we couldn't remember these people's names, but we could remember these one-time, one incident occassions. 

Lesson learned: i will 1.  write more clearly 2.  not write unless i have time to actually explain what i'm writing about.  3.  read things over before i write them.

i thought about deleting the post as a whole, but this was a good lesson!

3 comments:

June said...

Shame on you for misleading your readers. Plegggghhhh!


hehe

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I can't tell you how many times I say something in writing only for it to be interpreted in a completely different way. And it's not until I see that other person's perspective do I gain the understanding of why what I said was misleading. At least it gave you an excuse to write another blog post. =)

Kathryn said...

I think this is normal. I also think part of the reason i tend to be verbose & have long posts (& comments, LOL) is that i try to explain in too much detail.

Always enjoy what you share.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

i will read what i write and pay attention, while i'm at it

i was very perplexed about the responses to my last post.  i couldn't figure it out, because throughout the whole post, i thought i had very much been cheering on the thought of  "be you!!!!"  then, i read my last line. 

i will admit, this was one post that i wrote in haste....not really because i didn't want to, but mostly because i had a million things to do. 

of COURSE, be you!!!!!  and of course, have funny, strange nuances!  i, out of ANYONE has absolutely ZERO room to talk about those...i have more than the average person.  what i didn't explain very thoroughly, was that those things that people had done, were all very (maybe not in the way that I told it) mean or rude things that happened in terrible times (except for the elf).  the purpose to my stories, was more just a reminder to me, that in all of this, i want to be remembered for me and i want to have more moments where i'm truly ME, rather than being remembered for things that are uncharactaristic of myself....which would be, being mean.  i think of these stories about these people and honestly, think it's more sad (and funny) that we couldn't remember these people's names, but we could remember these one-time, one incident occassions. 

Lesson learned: i will 1.  write more clearly 2.  not write unless i have time to actually explain what i'm writing about.  3.  read things over before i write them.

i thought about deleting the post as a whole, but this was a good lesson!

3 comments:

June said...

Shame on you for misleading your readers. Plegggghhhh!


hehe

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I can't tell you how many times I say something in writing only for it to be interpreted in a completely different way. And it's not until I see that other person's perspective do I gain the understanding of why what I said was misleading. At least it gave you an excuse to write another blog post. =)

Kathryn said...

I think this is normal. I also think part of the reason i tend to be verbose & have long posts (& comments, LOL) is that i try to explain in too much detail.

Always enjoy what you share.