Thursday, July 22, 2010

you really must read this


i was reading blogs yesterday, you know, the usual and this one stopped me in my tracks.  just in general, on a daily basis, Hilly's blogs are honest, real, and a breath of fresh air.  this one might make your cry as you picture how this whole scene went down.  we all need to have some moments like this in our lives.  we have those choices...and i know we all have them, where we say, "should i intervene in this?"  and for situations like this, Hilly's answer is yes. 

this friday, I believe, there is some special on people put in situations and should they intervene...i think i'll watch it to further reiterate that yes, we should.

3 comments:

Bretthead said...

I stumbled upon your blog which pushed me over to that great mall story. Glad I'm falling all over hte place today.

Cool that she got as much out of it as the kid. I used to talk to old people at a long term care facility. It was a weekly hour long mens' group where we just chatted. It was awesome. I did it for a year and honestly it was emotionally draining and I found someone to take over for me. I got a lot out of it but also struggled with getting attached to men that were so mentally and/or physically ill. But I think my year helped them, so I'm good with it.

Kathryn said...

Wow, you are right. What an amazing woman! And she had just the right words too. How precious.

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, love the new look of your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful things you said about me here. It made me teary. :)

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

you really must read this

i was reading blogs yesterday, you know, the usual and this one stopped me in my tracks.  just in general, on a daily basis, Hilly's blogs are honest, real, and a breath of fresh air.  this one might make your cry as you picture how this whole scene went down.  we all need to have some moments like this in our lives.  we have those choices...and i know we all have them, where we say, "should i intervene in this?"  and for situations like this, Hilly's answer is yes. 

this friday, I believe, there is some special on people put in situations and should they intervene...i think i'll watch it to further reiterate that yes, we should.

3 comments:

Bretthead said...

I stumbled upon your blog which pushed me over to that great mall story. Glad I'm falling all over hte place today.

Cool that she got as much out of it as the kid. I used to talk to old people at a long term care facility. It was a weekly hour long mens' group where we just chatted. It was awesome. I did it for a year and honestly it was emotionally draining and I found someone to take over for me. I got a lot out of it but also struggled with getting attached to men that were so mentally and/or physically ill. But I think my year helped them, so I'm good with it.

Kathryn said...

Wow, you are right. What an amazing woman! And she had just the right words too. How precious.

Thanks for sharing.

BTW, love the new look of your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the beautiful things you said about me here. It made me teary. :)