Wednesday, July 7, 2010

a little thing i noticed today


a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, top slice ...Image via Wikipedia
i hadn't thought too much about my eating, as the more clean eating is becoming a way of life and just the way i do things.  until today. 

i had my green sludge shake and then for lunch, the office had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread, party along with doritos.  i had a general serving of each and went on my way. 

by 4p.m., i was seriously having hot sweats.  i was starving, like, i would have eaten watermelon, starving.  i haven't felt like that...well....since i started eating better.  you see, even if eat something not so good for me, i'm making sure that i'm eating something good along with it. 

that was my first realization of the day.  the second was that i'm not so into coffee anymore.  i haven't had any for at least a few weeks.  i didn't really try to stop, but it just came to me, that it just didn't sound very good anytime now. 

FREAKY!
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Kate said...

Doritos always give me sweats. My mom, too. There's some sort of preservative in them that makes both our faces red and sweaty. Whatever it is, it's in doughnuts, too.

justme said...

it was so weird. do your sweats happen later in the day after you eat them? i've had it happen before, actually, quite a bit when i was eating more empty foods. i don't know if it's a blood sugar thing or what

becauseofmatch.com said...

I don't get the sweats when I eat them, but I feel like cr@p afterwards and totally regret it. I mean, they are FLORESCENT ORANGE!!! That can't be healthy. LOL

Maybe you notice it more now since you have been eating healthy and you know what it feels like to feel good. Does that make sense?

I've been getting the sweats when I eat meat lately. Any kind -- I don't think it's mental, but a food aversion most likely -- it's bad, I get shaky and I feel like I'm either going to pass out or throw up. eww

kilax said...

That is so strange! I have never heard of that reaction before! I have had food give me headaches though.

justme said...

i don't think that it was really a reaction to the food, especially since i've had both of those items before. but, i do think it has something to do with blood sugar. I'm going to look into this further!

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

a little thing i noticed today

a peanut butter and jelly sandwich, top slice ...Image via Wikipedia
i hadn't thought too much about my eating, as the more clean eating is becoming a way of life and just the way i do things.  until today. 

i had my green sludge shake and then for lunch, the office had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on white bread, party along with doritos.  i had a general serving of each and went on my way. 

by 4p.m., i was seriously having hot sweats.  i was starving, like, i would have eaten watermelon, starving.  i haven't felt like that...well....since i started eating better.  you see, even if eat something not so good for me, i'm making sure that i'm eating something good along with it. 

that was my first realization of the day.  the second was that i'm not so into coffee anymore.  i haven't had any for at least a few weeks.  i didn't really try to stop, but it just came to me, that it just didn't sound very good anytime now. 

FREAKY!
Enhanced by Zemanta

5 comments:

Kate said...

Doritos always give me sweats. My mom, too. There's some sort of preservative in them that makes both our faces red and sweaty. Whatever it is, it's in doughnuts, too.

justme said...

it was so weird. do your sweats happen later in the day after you eat them? i've had it happen before, actually, quite a bit when i was eating more empty foods. i don't know if it's a blood sugar thing or what

becauseofmatch.com said...

I don't get the sweats when I eat them, but I feel like cr@p afterwards and totally regret it. I mean, they are FLORESCENT ORANGE!!! That can't be healthy. LOL

Maybe you notice it more now since you have been eating healthy and you know what it feels like to feel good. Does that make sense?

I've been getting the sweats when I eat meat lately. Any kind -- I don't think it's mental, but a food aversion most likely -- it's bad, I get shaky and I feel like I'm either going to pass out or throw up. eww

kilax said...

That is so strange! I have never heard of that reaction before! I have had food give me headaches though.

justme said...

i don't think that it was really a reaction to the food, especially since i've had both of those items before. but, i do think it has something to do with blood sugar. I'm going to look into this further!