Image by The Library of Virginia via Flickrin a nutshell...i've got nothin'. i mean, i have a job, but not sure how long that will last. i applied for, only god knows, how many counseling positions, all over the state. then i hit my low....for jobs, that is. i applied for a job that i had sworn that i wouldn't do. not because it's beneath me in any way, but because it was almost a surefire way to make me unhappy in life. if i did it, it would only be for the money and i knew that that was even a worse reason. i haven't heard back from them yet.
so, with my current degree, i can't really find anything of substance that i would do AND that would make me enough money to pay the bills.
that said, wheels were turning this weekend, appointments were being made, and some excitement was in the air. i'm thinking about getting my nursing degree!!! I have gone through this time and time again, but this time, it's kind of a necessary time for me to think about it and actually do something, if i wanted to get accepted by next year.
i'm meeting with the university soon, so, the wheels are in motion. i'm really excited about the possibility of this.



3 comments:
Hey C...I think if you can't find a job in the field you want and you have the option to go back to school, go for it!
I know the nursing field is a great one. My sis is a nurse at a hospital too.
The starting pay is AWESOME..however, I know in NJ the yearly increments are low...Also, even though there is a shortage of nurses, there seem to be no jobs here and in certain places in California...
It's so hard to find a decent job these days...
Sometimes I feel the only way to survive is to win the lottery. LOL
It is so hard to be in that position. I've been there. I had "part of a Master's degree" in counseling & could do nothing! I worked at a very low paying job in psych, when the RNs (often with less education) were making twice or more what i made. It was so frustrating!
I wished i'd done an RN with a minor in psych instead of straight psych. I eventually took massage classes (& have almost 3 times as many hours as the minimum required most places). The work i do is almost physical therapy, & there are times i think i'd like to go back & get the PT degree, but i know it isn't practical at this point in my life.
Good luck with this. Honestly, in the current days of this economy, jobs like RN will probably always be the best because they are always needed. I think i'd find being a RN frustrating, but that is me. It could open doors into a lot of different areas.
oh i have always thought of getting my nursing degree-DO IT! i regret that i did not.....
Post a Comment