it just so happened that i was there for what is everyone's least favorite night...resistance loading. for those of you not in the know...this just involves biking at a certain cadence, then upping resistance (not very high, mind you, as you are doing this for speed), and keeping at the same cadence. this instructor that is there, she is really one of the best ever. she is so about form and consistency and isn't afraid to give tips during the ride.
I'M TOAST TODAY!!!!
I figured that i needed to do spinning classes during the week, as we do have our big ride coming up. Yes, i know, spinning doesn't replace acutal time on a bike. But it can't hurt either.
i'm contemplating purchasing the FIVE FINGERS. fully aware they look weird, i know. but i've heard amazing things about them. they have completely eliminated any running pain for so many people. it makes sense, but i worry about striking the ground with no recoil from a shoe. we'll see. if i can score some off of ebay for cheap, i'm a buyer! yes, i know...i'll look like a frog.

![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=f376530c-b258-46c8-8e30-f16ab0936e71)


5 comments:
I'm wild to try those five fingers, but if you've seen the pics of my Happy Feet on Fridays, My second and third toes are longer than my first one. Those just don't seem to make allowances for that. Yanno? I also found a blog that talks about the new Nike Free shoes. It says that the Nike 5.0 V4 are some of the best "barefoot" feeling shoes. I googled the crap out of them yesterday and you can hardly get them anymore, but I'm going to keep trying.
I've seen those shoes before and heard good things of them, too. I wonder if you can wear them for "cross-training" and stick to your running shoes for pounding the pavement and still reap the positive effects from wearing them?
Kate did some reasearch and found out some VERY valuable information on the five fingers. apparently, they are for people with "normal" feet. As with Kate's toes, on one of my feet, my middle toe is longer than my big toe....hence, mutant toes or "bat toes" as t calls them. so, no five fingers for me. However, she found some other snazzy ones that may just fit the bill.
I can't wait to hear about the Five Fingers. I know quite a few people that are in to them.
There is a guy at the gym at work that has those shoes- I think they look odd, but I am intrigued if they reduce/eliminate running pain.
And yes, I loved Food Inc. I couldn't believe that corn is ultimately made into batteries AND diapers!
Post a Comment