we went to MN for a two day trip. t had work there and i tagged along. i got to stay at an amazing hotel. highly recommend if you are in MN and have some cash that you are dying to get rid of. it's called the Graves601. it was super modern, with all kinds of neat artistic elements on different floors. Right in the heart of Downtown Minneapolis and even better, less than a block away from Fogo De Chao. what a deal.
we came back to the real world
after haggling (the details of which i won't subject you to), i got it on Saturday. in the end, yes, i had to put money down. i should get that back in the tax credit next year, and i will promptly put that money into savings, for the event that i need to buy a new battery for the car in the next 4-5 years.
even better than all of that....
i was prepared to have t co-sign with me, once again, because after numbnuts was in my life...well, my credit was gone. last time i bought a car, i think the dealer laughed at it...maybe just snickered a bit. i sat in the dealership, as he ran our credit. i think i was sweating...i hate that feeling. he got done and snickered. kind of blew air out of his mouth like, "wow, you weren't kidding your credit was bad". but instead, he said, "well, your credit isn't too bad at all". turns out, after paying extra on things, paying on time, etc. my credit had jumped 100 points. no joke. i bought the car all on my own, at a slightly higher interest rate than if both t and i had done it. but it just felt good.


5 comments:
Okay, so super excited about the banker thing for you, but DUDE! YOU WERE IN MN, CLOSE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my Prius! I was a little worried that it would take a while to get used to all of the futuristic controls, but it was easy-peasy.
Congrats on the new car and your better credit!
Kate, we will make a meeting time....maybe when i'm there for a longer trip? we are seriously in MN about 4-6 times a year!
Cool hotel!!! Does T's company put you guys up in there?! AWESOME! LOL
Anyway -- the credit thing, I am in the same boat as you. Well, when I first met Mike I had some bad credit issues -- and I was nervous recently when I got my FICO checked... Nervous as ALL HELL...then wow, it was good credit! YAYAYAYAY...
It feels sooooo good to be doing it on your own, I'm sure!!! Glad you are doing it
Congrats on the purchase! I think that is so cool that your credit is coming back around :)
Post a Comment