Thursday, April 29, 2010
the prowl...
it's never really been this way before, so i'm attributing it all to the economy, because isn't that the best excuse for everything right now? seriously though, it's been a different type of search for me than in the past. it could have to do that it's been about...oh, 8 years since i've actually looked for a job.
so far, i'm 0 for 2. in that, there are two jobs that i applied for that i was either qualified for completely, or maybe a teensy bit overqualified for, that i never heard a peep from the employer, until they told me that they had selected someone else. not taking it personally, i know that's the way it is. but the steps that i have had to take to JUST GET A RESPONSE is making me feel a bit whorish.
i'm gearing up right now for a full month though, on the job search front. school jobs are opening up this next month, so i have to be like a vulture on the district's pages. in addition, one of t's co-workers has a wife that is in another sub-field that i'm interested in as well. she has taken my resume and we'll see what happens with that.
all in all, i'm pretty optimistic that SOMETHING will happen. it's just the process is a bit different this time around! it's all about the process, people!
a little something about me and the life i choose to live!
the prowl...
it's never really been this way before, so i'm attributing it all to the economy, because isn't that the best excuse for everything right now? seriously though, it's been a different type of search for me than in the past. it could have to do that it's been about...oh, 8 years since i've actually looked for a job.
so far, i'm 0 for 2. in that, there are two jobs that i applied for that i was either qualified for completely, or maybe a teensy bit overqualified for, that i never heard a peep from the employer, until they told me that they had selected someone else. not taking it personally, i know that's the way it is. but the steps that i have had to take to JUST GET A RESPONSE is making me feel a bit whorish.
i'm gearing up right now for a full month though, on the job search front. school jobs are opening up this next month, so i have to be like a vulture on the district's pages. in addition, one of t's co-workers has a wife that is in another sub-field that i'm interested in as well. she has taken my resume and we'll see what happens with that.
all in all, i'm pretty optimistic that SOMETHING will happen. it's just the process is a bit different this time around! it's all about the process, people!
6 comments:
- kilax said...
-
I remember when I was applying for jobs in 2007 that NO ONE would respond to me. It was so annoying. My husband is dealing with the same thing now. What is up with that?
It sounds like you have some good prospects out there. Good luck! -
April 29, 2010 at 8:06 AM
- Kate said...
-
I have found that the job search is becoming horribly sleazy - not sure - if that's quite the word I'm looking for, but employers do not give job seekers any respect anymore. I find it rude.
-
April 29, 2010 at 8:43 AM
- Anonymous said...
-
oh if you are applying for teaching jobs-yes they will be opening up soon so do not worry....it does take quite a bit of time to find a job "in this economy" for sure!
-
April 29, 2010 at 11:26 AM
- Juni @ Typette.com said...
-
hey hey -- lol you know you love whoring it up.. hehehe jk, i'm a biatch.
It is sooo hard to find a job these days, it's really all who you know and prob, with those positions that were filled... they were filled by people who had connections within. Yanno what I'm sayin'?
I hope you get a bite with T's friend's opp -- that would be cool -- :-)
I guess if I move out there, I will not have the greatest time finding employment? LOL -- dun dun dunnnn -
April 29, 2010 at 11:32 AM
- justme said...
-
j- you would have NO problem finding work here. it is a common theme with my degree about not being able to find work where i don't have to work at a prison or something of that sort. i chose to get my degree to work in hospitals, adoption agencies, or schools...so i have to live with the fact that because i'm picky...i'll have to wait!
-
April 29, 2010 at 11:48 AM
- Juni @ Typette.com said...
-
Ugh, so you already heard the news from me... I am going to try and contain my confusion/frustration/anxiety to my blog now. LOL -- anyway... I'm going to end up in CO one of these days for a visit... I don't think I want to wait until next year... I need to get away and we still have those tix :) See you soon!! hahaha
-
April 29, 2010 at 8:22 PM


6 comments:
I remember when I was applying for jobs in 2007 that NO ONE would respond to me. It was so annoying. My husband is dealing with the same thing now. What is up with that?
It sounds like you have some good prospects out there. Good luck!
I have found that the job search is becoming horribly sleazy - not sure - if that's quite the word I'm looking for, but employers do not give job seekers any respect anymore. I find it rude.
oh if you are applying for teaching jobs-yes they will be opening up soon so do not worry....it does take quite a bit of time to find a job "in this economy" for sure!
hey hey -- lol you know you love whoring it up.. hehehe jk, i'm a biatch.
It is sooo hard to find a job these days, it's really all who you know and prob, with those positions that were filled... they were filled by people who had connections within. Yanno what I'm sayin'?
I hope you get a bite with T's friend's opp -- that would be cool -- :-)
I guess if I move out there, I will not have the greatest time finding employment? LOL -- dun dun dunnnn
j- you would have NO problem finding work here. it is a common theme with my degree about not being able to find work where i don't have to work at a prison or something of that sort. i chose to get my degree to work in hospitals, adoption agencies, or schools...so i have to live with the fact that because i'm picky...i'll have to wait!
Ugh, so you already heard the news from me... I am going to try and contain my confusion/frustration/anxiety to my blog now. LOL -- anyway... I'm going to end up in CO one of these days for a visit... I don't think I want to wait until next year... I need to get away and we still have those tix :) See you soon!! hahaha
Post a Comment