Tuesday, February 23, 2010

where to go and what to do???


Old guy in a Speedo on RollerbladesImage by Travelin' Librarian via Flickr

i'm trying to organize myself and my things that we have to do this year. it's a weird year in terms of our marathons and such.

We usually do about 4 skating marathons a year. in the past year, however, this has changed. the one that we do in st. paul was reduced to a half-marathon, that has both skating and running. we decided it just wasn't worth it to travel all the way out there for that. we usually do Austin too, but it's not shaping up to be a very promising thought, as most of our team is not going. unfortunately, we bought tickets to Austin already...but we'll see.

Right now, the only definite trip is to Duluth. That is in september. other than that, the world is WIDE open. My mom and I have some tickets to go to San Fran with that we need to use by the end of the summer this year. I'm going to AZ for 4 days in March. I need to have a trip to TX, probably in April or May to see a new baby best friend and my old school buddies.

we started thinking, what about doing the chicagoland marathon? 1. I've not been to chicago. 2. we've never done this marathon and, as i found out today, it's the 2nd largest inline marathon in the country. 3. it's someplace NEW and maybe just maybe would be able to meet up with some blogger friends as well.

hmmmm, this year could fill up quite fast!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Kate said...

Well, you'd get to meet Nilsa, and I'm sure that's a mark on the positive side! But if you were going to be in St. Paul, I might have driven up for that!

justme said...

ooooh, good call....st. paul will always be an option for us. t's family is from MN, so we are up there quite a bit!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Yes yes, if you came to Chicago, we'd get to meet! Truth be told, I'd never heard of an inline marathon around here. Kind of sad the news skips it if it's the 2nd largest in the U.S. I looked up the details and it's in Hoffman Estates, which is a good hour or more outside the city. But, heck, if you're that close, I'd do my best to come see you!

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

where to go and what to do???

Old guy in a Speedo on RollerbladesImage by Travelin' Librarian via Flickr

i'm trying to organize myself and my things that we have to do this year. it's a weird year in terms of our marathons and such.

We usually do about 4 skating marathons a year. in the past year, however, this has changed. the one that we do in st. paul was reduced to a half-marathon, that has both skating and running. we decided it just wasn't worth it to travel all the way out there for that. we usually do Austin too, but it's not shaping up to be a very promising thought, as most of our team is not going. unfortunately, we bought tickets to Austin already...but we'll see.

Right now, the only definite trip is to Duluth. That is in september. other than that, the world is WIDE open. My mom and I have some tickets to go to San Fran with that we need to use by the end of the summer this year. I'm going to AZ for 4 days in March. I need to have a trip to TX, probably in April or May to see a new baby best friend and my old school buddies.

we started thinking, what about doing the chicagoland marathon? 1. I've not been to chicago. 2. we've never done this marathon and, as i found out today, it's the 2nd largest inline marathon in the country. 3. it's someplace NEW and maybe just maybe would be able to meet up with some blogger friends as well.

hmmmm, this year could fill up quite fast!

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Kate said...

Well, you'd get to meet Nilsa, and I'm sure that's a mark on the positive side! But if you were going to be in St. Paul, I might have driven up for that!

justme said...

ooooh, good call....st. paul will always be an option for us. t's family is from MN, so we are up there quite a bit!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

Yes yes, if you came to Chicago, we'd get to meet! Truth be told, I'd never heard of an inline marathon around here. Kind of sad the news skips it if it's the 2nd largest in the U.S. I looked up the details and it's in Hoffman Estates, which is a good hour or more outside the city. But, heck, if you're that close, I'd do my best to come see you!