she has me working out quite consistently. two times a week with her, so that means no slacking off at all because I'm paying for it. then the rest of the time, she gave a laxidaisical "oh, just work out for 60 minutes each day".
o.keeeeeee then....so, i have not had a week when i've worked out 60 minutes a day, EVERY DAY. i mean, come on...but the closest i had was last week. i had worked out Monday through Thursday and come thursday, i didn't know if i could take it. i got my mind involved and ready to go, but my body...well, my body just wouldn't do it. she had a hard session set for us and i did tell her in the beginning how tired i was. and instead of letting up a bit...she dug in. she had me doing the hardest exercises i've done. my face was purple (it usually is when i work out, but that's a different story), remniscent of veruca salt. finally, i just stopped...said i was done doing those and just like that, she said, "i think we've been overtraining you".
we went and got on the elliptical machines and honest to god, that was a struggle. I took all weekend off. i'm glad i did, because now i'm ready again. i did a 65 minute workout last night and have enough to go again tonight.
i'm still trying to get used to the nutritional piece. i'll admit, i'm a bit resistant to it, but figure, i'm paying for it, i might as well do it. it's not big changes at all...i'm not the person that goes through a bag of potato chips in one sitting, but it's change, nonetheless.
she ADDED calories to my diet. yes, added. apparently, on most days, i was intaking about 1,100 calories. she calculated that days that i was working out, i was burning upwards of 2,400 a day. so, i'm adding breakfast and snacks to the day. this feels weird...but i'll say, the first week, i lost 7 pounds. obviously a testament to the fact that what i had been doing was, oh so wrong...but it's still weird.


4 comments:
I just want to eat and eat and eat these days. It's awful. But I joined the gym on Sunday and I'm going with my friends tomorrow night. So, I'm hoping that the added activity will be helpful in the end. I just need to move more. You're way more dedicated than I am.
It's hard to change your eating habits, but if you are working out that much, it sounds like you need to :)
I love/hate that absolutely "drained" feeling you get from working your body too hard! Good luck with workouts this week :)
Wow - seven pounds in one week? Surely some of that is water weight, but still! That's Biggest Loser weight loss (and I know you're not even remotely big).
Eating breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day. It helps boost your metabolism for the rest of the day. Glad to see it's working for you!
I used to love (when I went to the gym) watching the trainers give advice to their clients for things they could do when they were not at the gym. "Yea just make sure you eat 12 organic, skinless, Venetian chicken breasts, and drink 4 gallons of pure Alaskan water, and then just go to work." Right, like this guy is going to do anything aside from try and find a matching sock before 8 am. Oh trainers, so funny are you.
Post a Comment