Thursday, February 25, 2010

the hunter....


Starla the HunterImage by StrudelMonkey via Flickr
we have a friend that is male and single.  he is actively looking for someone and for lack of a better reason, he just hasn't found the right person yet.  he is on dating sites and has not been at all bashful, like many people, about going out on dates.  he comes up with creative ideas for his dates, is up to date on current events, etc. 

the other day, he was explaining to t that he may have finally "figured things out" with women.  he said that it was something his mom had said a while ago, and he should have listened.  he then said this....

"women like to be hunted"

there may have been a "dude" or something of that nature thrown into the mix...but you get the gist. 

i wanted to get some opinion on this.  because i guess i don't reckon a time when i felt like being "hunted". 

girls?  do you like being "hunted" by men, if you are single?  and if you aren't single, do you miss being "hunted" by men? 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Kate said...

I do like to be pursued, but not in a stalkerish kind of way.

Typette said...

Hunt as in -- pursued intensely? -- Hells no, it skeeves me out. When I was single it was strange, all the guys like 'knew' or something and started to prey on me. I hated it. Totally skeezy -- not cool. To be wanted is another thing, but not in a possessive way.

Claudine said...

I did like being hunted when I was single, but only by men I was also interested in. If he's not, I don't know, it just seemed creepy.

So glad you now have the followeres widget. Now it's easier for me to hunt you ;-)

Kathryn said...

Um, i never was. I think it would be scary if it was a stalker kind of thing. I think, at some level i would have liked it, to feel lke i was the deep desire of someone's heart - except if i didn't like the guy back it would be creepy.

I did better with meet on level ground & intellectual discussions - at least when i met Duane, & we've a wonderful marriage & love each other very much. Didn't have much luck or fun with dating until then.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

the hunter....

Starla the HunterImage by StrudelMonkey via Flickr
we have a friend that is male and single.  he is actively looking for someone and for lack of a better reason, he just hasn't found the right person yet.  he is on dating sites and has not been at all bashful, like many people, about going out on dates.  he comes up with creative ideas for his dates, is up to date on current events, etc. 

the other day, he was explaining to t that he may have finally "figured things out" with women.  he said that it was something his mom had said a while ago, and he should have listened.  he then said this....

"women like to be hunted"

there may have been a "dude" or something of that nature thrown into the mix...but you get the gist. 

i wanted to get some opinion on this.  because i guess i don't reckon a time when i felt like being "hunted". 

girls?  do you like being "hunted" by men, if you are single?  and if you aren't single, do you miss being "hunted" by men? 


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

4 comments:

Kate said...

I do like to be pursued, but not in a stalkerish kind of way.

Typette said...

Hunt as in -- pursued intensely? -- Hells no, it skeeves me out. When I was single it was strange, all the guys like 'knew' or something and started to prey on me. I hated it. Totally skeezy -- not cool. To be wanted is another thing, but not in a possessive way.

Claudine said...

I did like being hunted when I was single, but only by men I was also interested in. If he's not, I don't know, it just seemed creepy.

So glad you now have the followeres widget. Now it's easier for me to hunt you ;-)

Kathryn said...

Um, i never was. I think it would be scary if it was a stalker kind of thing. I think, at some level i would have liked it, to feel lke i was the deep desire of someone's heart - except if i didn't like the guy back it would be creepy.

I did better with meet on level ground & intellectual discussions - at least when i met Duane, & we've a wonderful marriage & love each other very much. Didn't have much luck or fun with dating until then.