Wednesday, February 24, 2010
little ditty....
then we were both getting up to leave and i said, "do you know anyone who life really turned out the way that they thought it would?"
we sat back down... apparently, i had just unlocked pandora's box in my mom's head.
i personally don't know a single soul on earth whose life has turned out exactly the way they pictured it when they were young, when they were 16, or heck, even maybe what they pictured life to be 5 years ago. and i guess it depends on what situation you are in, that determines whether or not that is a good thing. the woman that is being beaten by her boyfriend most certainly didn't see herself there. and by a simliar token, many people find themselves married, who never thought they would be.
there is not a single sector in my life that i could have seen playing out the way that it did....and all for the good.
what about you? Did you see yourself where you are?
a little something about me and the life i choose to live!
little ditty....
then we were both getting up to leave and i said, "do you know anyone who life really turned out the way that they thought it would?"
we sat back down... apparently, i had just unlocked pandora's box in my mom's head.
i personally don't know a single soul on earth whose life has turned out exactly the way they pictured it when they were young, when they were 16, or heck, even maybe what they pictured life to be 5 years ago. and i guess it depends on what situation you are in, that determines whether or not that is a good thing. the woman that is being beaten by her boyfriend most certainly didn't see herself there. and by a simliar token, many people find themselves married, who never thought they would be.
there is not a single sector in my life that i could have seen playing out the way that it did....and all for the good.
what about you? Did you see yourself where you are?
3 comments:
- kilax said...
-
I never thought I would end up where I am either! It makes me excited to see what is in the future! :)
-
February 24, 2010 at 2:57 PM
- Kathryn said...
-
Nope. Nothing like. Some were my own choices, & others circumstances beyond my control.
Having a hard time with this at the moment, actually.
But somehow, life still goes on & i try to pull it together. -
February 24, 2010 at 5:16 PM
- Kelly Loy Gilbert said...
-
Just found your blog! :) I'm hapa, too.
In a weird way, my life kind of turned out the way it would have if I'd idealized it--I'm married to an incredible guy, I'm a writer, I live in my beloved SF Bay Area. But even when I imagined all those things when I was younger, it was all so completely vague and unspecific, and sometimes--oftentimes--I'm SHOCKED to look around at my life now and where i am. It's funny how that can happen, how even if things go the way you hoped it's still so different than you would have ever imagined. -
February 25, 2010 at 2:07 AM


3 comments:
I never thought I would end up where I am either! It makes me excited to see what is in the future! :)
Nope. Nothing like. Some were my own choices, & others circumstances beyond my control.
Having a hard time with this at the moment, actually.
But somehow, life still goes on & i try to pull it together.
Just found your blog! :) I'm hapa, too.
In a weird way, my life kind of turned out the way it would have if I'd idealized it--I'm married to an incredible guy, I'm a writer, I live in my beloved SF Bay Area. But even when I imagined all those things when I was younger, it was all so completely vague and unspecific, and sometimes--oftentimes--I'm SHOCKED to look around at my life now and where i am. It's funny how that can happen, how even if things go the way you hoped it's still so different than you would have ever imagined.
Post a Comment