Thursday, January 21, 2010

the new year


i kind of feel like my year just got started....yesterday. 

i was pain free.  completely.  i'm healed from surgery, i'm healed from that damn muzic bed, and from my back spasm.  you know what that means?  my first work-out! 





Fun runners taking part in the 2006 Bristol Ha...Image via Wikipedia

it was awesome.  i am signing up for the colorado half marathon again, this time, with a friend that i met in grad school last semester.  we are run/walking it, which i'm psyched about.  supposedly this will lessen the pain astronomically. 

i also ran into the person that I'm hiring as my personal trainer.   i'm so excited, never had a personal trainer before, but i think i love her already.  i never thought that i would be THAT person that had one, but i figure that she will keep me on track, help me to reach my goals and she's a nutritionist to boot. 
Personal trainer showing a client how to exerc...Image via Wikipedia


we are scaling down somewhat on our skating marathons this year, and while we had planned on doing something we have not done, which is take a vacation to somewhere other than Minnesota, we made some other plans and goals along the way. 

1.  we are playing a grocery game.  this game entails us eating on a budget and by budget, i mean hardly any money.  o.k., it's not THAT bad, but really, it will be a far cry from what we have been doing for the past 4 years. 
2.  we are going on a road trip.  we had planned on going to Hawaii, but really, i cannot bring myself to do that and spend that money, when we have things to save for right now, that could be way amazingly better than Hawaii.

3.  we, meaning t, bought new furniture.  we have been living in our house for 2.5 years now.  during this time, we didn't have a dresser.  i have found that it doesn't matter how big your closet is, if you don't have a dresser to put stuff in, it's a mess.  t bought all new office furniture, bedroom furniture, framed some art, it's just going to be a new house.  i love it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I thought about personal training just to get me back on track but sigh! The cost!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

It's amazing how buying a piece of furniture changes the outlook of a room. You're going to feel like you're living in a whole new home!

Typette said...

Wow, I can't believe it's marathon training time! Last year was just a blur, b/c, like your birthday, I swear you just ran this marathon... last month even. Ha!

Yay for the trainer -- I had gone to one before and they pushed me so hard on the test, that I got tendinitis and couldn't use my arms for months or else I'd risk a tear. HA! It's hard to find good ones, so I'm glad you have one you like!!

I hear ya on the furniture front too! Mike and I have lived in our house for almost 5 years and we still don't have a proper bedroom set. We slowly piece things together from Ikea... And I can't even imagine how you lived in a bedroom with NO DRESSER?! You are amazing - woman! lol

When are you roadtripping -- and where?! We are roadtripping this year (most likely) Route 101, down the Pacific Coast and then a different route back up.

PS. Mike wants to start skating like we used to, but I'm soooo scared of falling and getting hurt... I don't know why

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

the new year

i kind of feel like my year just got started....yesterday. 

i was pain free.  completely.  i'm healed from surgery, i'm healed from that damn muzic bed, and from my back spasm.  you know what that means?  my first work-out! 





Fun runners taking part in the 2006 Bristol Ha...Image via Wikipedia

it was awesome.  i am signing up for the colorado half marathon again, this time, with a friend that i met in grad school last semester.  we are run/walking it, which i'm psyched about.  supposedly this will lessen the pain astronomically. 

i also ran into the person that I'm hiring as my personal trainer.   i'm so excited, never had a personal trainer before, but i think i love her already.  i never thought that i would be THAT person that had one, but i figure that she will keep me on track, help me to reach my goals and she's a nutritionist to boot. 
Personal trainer showing a client how to exerc...Image via Wikipedia


we are scaling down somewhat on our skating marathons this year, and while we had planned on doing something we have not done, which is take a vacation to somewhere other than Minnesota, we made some other plans and goals along the way. 

1.  we are playing a grocery game.  this game entails us eating on a budget and by budget, i mean hardly any money.  o.k., it's not THAT bad, but really, it will be a far cry from what we have been doing for the past 4 years. 
2.  we are going on a road trip.  we had planned on going to Hawaii, but really, i cannot bring myself to do that and spend that money, when we have things to save for right now, that could be way amazingly better than Hawaii.

3.  we, meaning t, bought new furniture.  we have been living in our house for 2.5 years now.  during this time, we didn't have a dresser.  i have found that it doesn't matter how big your closet is, if you don't have a dresser to put stuff in, it's a mess.  t bought all new office furniture, bedroom furniture, framed some art, it's just going to be a new house.  i love it.

3 comments:

Kate said...

I thought about personal training just to get me back on track but sigh! The cost!

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

It's amazing how buying a piece of furniture changes the outlook of a room. You're going to feel like you're living in a whole new home!

Typette said...

Wow, I can't believe it's marathon training time! Last year was just a blur, b/c, like your birthday, I swear you just ran this marathon... last month even. Ha!

Yay for the trainer -- I had gone to one before and they pushed me so hard on the test, that I got tendinitis and couldn't use my arms for months or else I'd risk a tear. HA! It's hard to find good ones, so I'm glad you have one you like!!

I hear ya on the furniture front too! Mike and I have lived in our house for almost 5 years and we still don't have a proper bedroom set. We slowly piece things together from Ikea... And I can't even imagine how you lived in a bedroom with NO DRESSER?! You are amazing - woman! lol

When are you roadtripping -- and where?! We are roadtripping this year (most likely) Route 101, down the Pacific Coast and then a different route back up.

PS. Mike wants to start skating like we used to, but I'm soooo scared of falling and getting hurt... I don't know why