Friday, January 29, 2010

if anyone wants to....


HELP!!!

so, sometimes, i'd love to write back to comments...

i do so, but in the comments section.  is this the "right" way to do so?  also, i have another issue.  i don't always seen when someone comments on something until way later.  is there some kind of notification that you set up to notify you when you have comments or is the only way to go about it, to have moderator approval? 

7 comments:

Typette said...

There is a way to setup notifications :)

Click Settings
Click Comments
Comment Notification Email - enter your email addy

Typette said...

Also -- if you reply to comments on your blog posts, ppl won't see them , unless they come back to the old post and read the comments again -- so it's best to comment back on their blog or something like that.

Some comment addons allow people to check a box to be notified when other ppl comment on the same post... but not sure blogger does it right now.

Kathryn said...

Well, i kind of like it when folks respond to me at their blog, but i like it when people leave comments at mine. I'm not so good at responding always, but i try. :)

P.S. love your new furniture. It looks great!

Kate said...

I can't always get to my blog at work, so all my comments come to me via email. If there is an email attached (like when I leave you a comment, my email shows up in your email) I send a response back via that mode instead of leaving it on my blog.

LittlePea said...

I usually respond in my own comment section but not always. If I'm really aquainted with a blog friend and know that she responds on her comments section for sure, I'll check again later. Actually, I think all my blog friends respond on their own comments sections.

Typette said...

PS -- I do not have a Cost Plus by me... so sad :-(

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I know a lot of people, myself included, do not return to blog posts to see a blogger's response to comments. I'd hate to think it'd be a waste of your time.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

if anyone wants to....

HELP!!!

so, sometimes, i'd love to write back to comments...

i do so, but in the comments section.  is this the "right" way to do so?  also, i have another issue.  i don't always seen when someone comments on something until way later.  is there some kind of notification that you set up to notify you when you have comments or is the only way to go about it, to have moderator approval? 

7 comments:

Typette said...

There is a way to setup notifications :)

Click Settings
Click Comments
Comment Notification Email - enter your email addy

Typette said...

Also -- if you reply to comments on your blog posts, ppl won't see them , unless they come back to the old post and read the comments again -- so it's best to comment back on their blog or something like that.

Some comment addons allow people to check a box to be notified when other ppl comment on the same post... but not sure blogger does it right now.

Kathryn said...

Well, i kind of like it when folks respond to me at their blog, but i like it when people leave comments at mine. I'm not so good at responding always, but i try. :)

P.S. love your new furniture. It looks great!

Kate said...

I can't always get to my blog at work, so all my comments come to me via email. If there is an email attached (like when I leave you a comment, my email shows up in your email) I send a response back via that mode instead of leaving it on my blog.

LittlePea said...

I usually respond in my own comment section but not always. If I'm really aquainted with a blog friend and know that she responds on her comments section for sure, I'll check again later. Actually, I think all my blog friends respond on their own comments sections.

Typette said...

PS -- I do not have a Cost Plus by me... so sad :-(

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

I know a lot of people, myself included, do not return to blog posts to see a blogger's response to comments. I'd hate to think it'd be a waste of your time.