Saturday, December 5, 2009

a while ago


i made a post about how i was at my uncle's funeral and tony was having issues trying to find pumpkins for Halloween.  We had a snowstorm that week and all of the semi trucks that were bringing the pumpkins from other lands....got stuck.  hence, the big pumpkin shortage of 2009.  I came home to his make-shift version of pumpkin carving.  spaghetti squash...


i think the final effect is excellent.  obviously, since we just took this picture this past week, the squash is a bit old, but instead of rotting out, it formed this cool shell.  just shows you what a bit of creativity can make.

4 comments:

Kate said...

This is awesome! I hope it dries like that forever.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

That's scarier than any pumpkin I've seen in a good long time. Nice job!

Chris Howley said...

The one with the SARS mask is even funnier!

justme said...

i know, the swine flu one was good too. i'll post that soon as well

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

a while ago

i made a post about how i was at my uncle's funeral and tony was having issues trying to find pumpkins for Halloween.  We had a snowstorm that week and all of the semi trucks that were bringing the pumpkins from other lands....got stuck.  hence, the big pumpkin shortage of 2009.  I came home to his make-shift version of pumpkin carving.  spaghetti squash...


i think the final effect is excellent.  obviously, since we just took this picture this past week, the squash is a bit old, but instead of rotting out, it formed this cool shell.  just shows you what a bit of creativity can make.

4 comments:

Kate said...

This is awesome! I hope it dries like that forever.

Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...

That's scarier than any pumpkin I've seen in a good long time. Nice job!

Chris Howley said...

The one with the SARS mask is even funnier!

justme said...

i know, the swine flu one was good too. i'll post that soon as well