Wednesday, October 14, 2009
it was just too good...
then, i got back from my trip, had gotten a call from the pharmacy stating that my pills were avialable to be picked up. I did so, and when i did, was expecting the normal "this is your last package...you must make an appointment in order to get these again." but instead, was greeted with the news that they had refilled my prescription for another YEAR! AMEN! prayers answered. yes, i thought it was strange and in fact, had the pharmacist double check this information. he did, said yes, i have another year and there we go.
needless to say (you see where this is going), i went to call in my prescription this month and was told, that no, i couldn't pick them up, there was not an authorization for another prescription. i argued....not even really effectively, with the same pharmacist, because he even remembered teling me that...but he just didn't know what information he was looking at to get that information. it was a mistake. that, I get. however, the results of this mistake, are that he cannot fill my prescription and instead, i must make an appointment, get a check up, etc. in order to get my pills.
i had an appointment scheduled, but it's for later this month...as you see, i was being proactive and not waiting another year to get an appointment.
ARGH!
a little something about me and the life i choose to live!
it was just too good...
then, i got back from my trip, had gotten a call from the pharmacy stating that my pills were avialable to be picked up. I did so, and when i did, was expecting the normal "this is your last package...you must make an appointment in order to get these again." but instead, was greeted with the news that they had refilled my prescription for another YEAR! AMEN! prayers answered. yes, i thought it was strange and in fact, had the pharmacist double check this information. he did, said yes, i have another year and there we go.
needless to say (you see where this is going), i went to call in my prescription this month and was told, that no, i couldn't pick them up, there was not an authorization for another prescription. i argued....not even really effectively, with the same pharmacist, because he even remembered teling me that...but he just didn't know what information he was looking at to get that information. it was a mistake. that, I get. however, the results of this mistake, are that he cannot fill my prescription and instead, i must make an appointment, get a check up, etc. in order to get my pills.
i had an appointment scheduled, but it's for later this month...as you see, i was being proactive and not waiting another year to get an appointment.
ARGH!
3 comments:
- Nilsa @ SoMi Speaks said...
-
It used to be that your doctor wrote you a prescription. You brought it to the pharmacy. And if there were any issues, you had to call your doctor's office.
Now, to make it more efficient, the doctors are in bed with the pharmacies. And from experience, I have noticed it's not necessarily better. In fact, sometimes it's far, far worse.
Bummer! -
October 14, 2009 at 11:25 AM
- LittlePea said...
-
How annoying. I just found out that there is a generic for the BC pills I'm taking that cost $50 less than what I'm already paying. This is after I had already asked someone at the pharmacy if there was a generic and was told no. So basically I've wasted $150 for some pills I could have bought for 8..... !@#$!
-
October 15, 2009 at 5:09 PM
- Kate said...
-
My pharmacy knows me. And they know how lazy and un-proactive I am. It's why I make SURE it's a 24 hour pharmacy. Because it's usually about midnight before I realize I no longer have my night pills.
-
October 16, 2009 at 7:13 AM


3 comments:
It used to be that your doctor wrote you a prescription. You brought it to the pharmacy. And if there were any issues, you had to call your doctor's office.
Now, to make it more efficient, the doctors are in bed with the pharmacies. And from experience, I have noticed it's not necessarily better. In fact, sometimes it's far, far worse.
Bummer!
How annoying. I just found out that there is a generic for the BC pills I'm taking that cost $50 less than what I'm already paying. This is after I had already asked someone at the pharmacy if there was a generic and was told no. So basically I've wasted $150 for some pills I could have bought for 8..... !@#$!
My pharmacy knows me. And they know how lazy and un-proactive I am. It's why I make SURE it's a 24 hour pharmacy. Because it's usually about midnight before I realize I no longer have my night pills.
Post a Comment