It’s Mcklinky Tuesday! You know what that means? Or maybe you don’t. Anyway, the topic today is “three things you don’t know about me” I don’t intend to really do this to the fullest, because I think that there are some people that read this that know quite a bit about me…so you’ll have to live hearing things about me that you’ve heard 50 times. For the new readers, I’m sure you will be nothing less than enthralled at these new bits of information about me.
1. almost two years ago, my dad received a gift from a stranger that saved his life. O.k, I know, this is not about ME, per se, but since I’m an only child, this is one of the most important things that have happened in my lifetime. Long story short, he had a couple forms of hepatitis…not from doing anything funky, but just from being born. His great liver fought all of these diseases off, only to destroy the liver in the process. He was then declared the sickest person within a distance of 5 states, and was put on the donor list, after interviewing the family like mad to make sure he wasn’t boozing it up. On October 22, someone gave their organs so that other people could live. Two questions that always are asked: 1. has your dad talked to.
Image by serenejournal via Flickr
2. I do not like animated movies, for the most part. it is so bad, that I didn’t seen SHREK for about 6 years after it was made..and one of my closest
friends helped make it (cringe here). It, in fact, was stellar. But if you are going to show me mindless things with cute things running around on the screen (i.e. Wall-E) count me out. one of the best animated things i've ever seen, was THE MAXX. check it out sometime. it's hard to find. 3. I love almost all things Japanese. Maybe it’s because I’m half, but I don’t know…any culture that can take things as gross as pickled plums and package them in cute little boxes and make people want to eat them, is o.k. with me. The fact that most things that are Japanese, really should not exist, is fabulous to me. Case in point:


![Reblog this post [with Zemanta]](http://img.zemanta.com/reblog_e.png?x-id=a8024efb-f622-4327-8ca1-ea60e7c0cc82)


1 comments:
Hi! Nice to meet you through the Blog Hop, which is such a great way to find blogs that we otherwise might never have the chance to see.
I'm crazy for Japanese snack foods: wasabi peas, Hello Kitty biscuits with dipping sauce, ginger cookies, the little trees and mushrooms dipped in chocolate (I forgot the name of this one) -- I could go on and on, LOL!
We'll be starting a new meme called Small World Saturday on August 1. I hope that you'll join us; it should be lots of fun!
Ali and Carleen from Egypt Everlasting
Post a Comment