Monday, December 22, 2008

the weekend...or was it?


this weekend makes me tired just thinking about it. i would say that it's one of the first that I remember, anyway, thinking that i didn't feel like i even had an ounce of relaxing thrown in there. early saturday, i went to the grocery store, met mom for shopping close by, then came back, and got ready for dinner. Saturday, we took a doc out to dinner just for fun. it was a good time, what a smart man and he gave me recipes....always a good thing. he gave me this recipe and i will say, it may be my most treasured yet. he watched Julia child back in the day and one day, she did a bread recipe. he wrote it down right then and there. they have never published it again, so it truly is one of a kind. i'm excited to see what it's like....or for that matter what my first loaf is like. I will photograph it

sunday was just as nuts. i ran around all day getting groceries for dinner Sunday night when we were having friends come over. we after going to kmart, target, king soopers, whole foods, qdoba, back to whole foods and then home...i was done. we went to a neighborhood christmas party were we found out that all of our neighbors thought we were 20 years old. and it was a great time. but, i had to leave, go back to the house, make 10 million meatballs for our soup and then entertain the rest of the night.

i went to bed at 9, i think.

1 comments:

LittlePea said...

I love Christmas but I'm already at the point where I'm ready to just hibernate until March. Not because of the weather because of the crowds and the traffic and the nervous/bitchy energy. I was in line at the grocery store today and wanted to scream out,"Dude!I just came to buy milk ok!?"

I've never made bread before. Baking feels so intimidating because of all the science involved.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

the weekend...or was it?

this weekend makes me tired just thinking about it. i would say that it's one of the first that I remember, anyway, thinking that i didn't feel like i even had an ounce of relaxing thrown in there. early saturday, i went to the grocery store, met mom for shopping close by, then came back, and got ready for dinner. Saturday, we took a doc out to dinner just for fun. it was a good time, what a smart man and he gave me recipes....always a good thing. he gave me this recipe and i will say, it may be my most treasured yet. he watched Julia child back in the day and one day, she did a bread recipe. he wrote it down right then and there. they have never published it again, so it truly is one of a kind. i'm excited to see what it's like....or for that matter what my first loaf is like. I will photograph it

sunday was just as nuts. i ran around all day getting groceries for dinner Sunday night when we were having friends come over. we after going to kmart, target, king soopers, whole foods, qdoba, back to whole foods and then home...i was done. we went to a neighborhood christmas party were we found out that all of our neighbors thought we were 20 years old. and it was a great time. but, i had to leave, go back to the house, make 10 million meatballs for our soup and then entertain the rest of the night.

i went to bed at 9, i think.

1 comments:

LittlePea said...

I love Christmas but I'm already at the point where I'm ready to just hibernate until March. Not because of the weather because of the crowds and the traffic and the nervous/bitchy energy. I was in line at the grocery store today and wanted to scream out,"Dude!I just came to buy milk ok!?"

I've never made bread before. Baking feels so intimidating because of all the science involved.