Tuesday, November 11, 2008

the latest baking creation


I made a pie. This may not seem like a feat to many of you. I've seen the parties you throw with friends and the amazing food that makes you drool when I read your posts. But to me, this is the unattainable thing that I can never make. I was a caterer of pastries in college, so the fact that i cannot make a pie to save my life, well...it's just weird. There were the crusts that were soggy, the ones that were crispy, the one, oh yes, there was the pecan one (think LOTS of sugary corn syrup) that bent from the aluminum pan and then think taco shaped pan. From there, think lots of scalding hot sugar syrup all over my brand new oven. . so, you get my drift.



t got a fail-proof recipe from a doc in WY. I did it.





You may think, "Why is that in black and white, surely it would look better in color". The reason is this: 1. it actually does look better in black and white and 2. my archaic computer at home just edited it this way.

it tastes amazing

2 comments:

Typette said...

hells yeah -- i like me some pie! ship some to jersey -- that'll be the ultimate test of how 'good' your pie is! (err, that can sound a little x rated.)

justme said...

um...yeah, that DID sound that way. LOL

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

the latest baking creation

I made a pie. This may not seem like a feat to many of you. I've seen the parties you throw with friends and the amazing food that makes you drool when I read your posts. But to me, this is the unattainable thing that I can never make. I was a caterer of pastries in college, so the fact that i cannot make a pie to save my life, well...it's just weird. There were the crusts that were soggy, the ones that were crispy, the one, oh yes, there was the pecan one (think LOTS of sugary corn syrup) that bent from the aluminum pan and then think taco shaped pan. From there, think lots of scalding hot sugar syrup all over my brand new oven. . so, you get my drift.



t got a fail-proof recipe from a doc in WY. I did it.





You may think, "Why is that in black and white, surely it would look better in color". The reason is this: 1. it actually does look better in black and white and 2. my archaic computer at home just edited it this way.

it tastes amazing

2 comments:

Typette said...

hells yeah -- i like me some pie! ship some to jersey -- that'll be the ultimate test of how 'good' your pie is! (err, that can sound a little x rated.)

justme said...

um...yeah, that DID sound that way. LOL