Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Life is a mind-set





I was thinking about how funny it is that I'm loving doing all of these activities that I'm doing right now.




Mostly, I was thinking about running. Now, I know that it is not "good" for your joints and you can do things that are much better for your strength, so that is my disclaimer. But, as I've been doing these races and going to a running group, I really find...that i ENJOY it. i think most of all, i enjoy the fact that this is not something that i'm "supposed" to be good at. i was never one of those twiggy, beautiful, doe-like, looking kids that decided on a whim to run cross country or track.




so, i revel in the fact that last night, before my spinning class, i took a 4 mile run. it wasn't fast, by any stretch of the imagination. by looking at me, you may think i'm listening to some fast, techno music, as anyone would to motivate them. but no....i'm listening to the music from Ferris Bueller's day off. you know the one? when they are in the museum, looking at art. it is the perfect soundtrack to my running in the fall leaves. i would ALMOST go so far as to say that it is relaxing.










1 comments:

Typette said...

Nice photog -- you've inspired me to try new things -- running however, I will not do. I used to run in College, 5m a day -- oh those were the days - what the hell happened LOL -- i rather sit on my arse and blog!!!

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

Life is a mind-set




I was thinking about how funny it is that I'm loving doing all of these activities that I'm doing right now.




Mostly, I was thinking about running. Now, I know that it is not "good" for your joints and you can do things that are much better for your strength, so that is my disclaimer. But, as I've been doing these races and going to a running group, I really find...that i ENJOY it. i think most of all, i enjoy the fact that this is not something that i'm "supposed" to be good at. i was never one of those twiggy, beautiful, doe-like, looking kids that decided on a whim to run cross country or track.




so, i revel in the fact that last night, before my spinning class, i took a 4 mile run. it wasn't fast, by any stretch of the imagination. by looking at me, you may think i'm listening to some fast, techno music, as anyone would to motivate them. but no....i'm listening to the music from Ferris Bueller's day off. you know the one? when they are in the museum, looking at art. it is the perfect soundtrack to my running in the fall leaves. i would ALMOST go so far as to say that it is relaxing.










1 comments:

Typette said...

Nice photog -- you've inspired me to try new things -- running however, I will not do. I used to run in College, 5m a day -- oh those were the days - what the hell happened LOL -- i rather sit on my arse and blog!!!