i have found out that i am not a politics person.
i didn't think i ever was, but i thought it only applied to actual political topics...such as elections and voting and such. now i have found out that i am not a "politics on the job" type of person.
i'm all about rules and such. i like having protocol to follow, definitely. but starting into a new situation, with some people thinking that the politics are one way when quite obviously they are not...scary.
i almost got myself into a situation and we'll just say, "thank god" i didn't follow through with the logical chain of events that were presented to me and that i was TOLD to do. it would have been disasterous for my career apparently. but, UGH, who knows this stuff? i always thought that the ultimate political job was in a school system. it's so difficult and hard to manuver because there are always ulterior motives. let's just say, i've found a little bit more to bite off in this situation.



2 comments:
I hate office politics. I hate political politics. I hate it all.
What Kate said.
I found working hospital was terribly political. I worked 4 different hospitals over a 10 year period. I chose to schedule myself mostly when management & admin were not there (working second shift) so that i didn't have to deal with the stupid politics.
Good luck.
Post a Comment