Saturday, August 22, 2009

i don't know why it didn't work out with us...


My Sleep NumberImage by Alana Elliott via Flickr
we tried and conquered the sleep number bed.  it actually ended up conquering us.  i don't know...i hesitate to say it's not wonderful, because we don't know if the one we used was broken or not.  we will be trying the bed again, however, in Duluth, because this radisson has all sleep number beds.  so, you will be getting an update soon enough about it. 

i will say this.  our experiences with it were as follows:

Night one: i had mine set for 25 and he had his set for 55.  midway through the night i woke up with an object on me...no wait, that's him.  because our settings were so different, he had rolled down to my land.  didn't bother rolling him back, went back to sleep.
Night two: we had them equal....both woke up with gross backs. 

the rest of the trip went like night two, so i won't bore you with details.  i'm assuming they have to be amazing...i 've never heard of anyone getting them that didn't like them.  maybe we will be amazed when we try the one in the hotel.  not sure. 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I've only tried this type of bed once. It was a queen size at hubby's aunt & uncle's & we were there for a week.

I remember we weren't too impressed with it, which disappointed me 'cause i thought we'd want one. 'Course, maybe CA King would be different. I don't remember what our issues were with it - that was a few years ago - just that it didn't impress us much.

Good luck with this. We managed with a bizarre set up (foam rubber base) where mine is softer than his. Then a couple temepedic pads on top. Works for us, but is kind of funky.

anmanwar said...

I think it always takes more than a night or two to get used to a new type of bed. When we got our sleep number bed (about 3 years ago) it was super comfy from the get go (our old mattress was horribly hard) but it did take a while to get used to a new type of bed. Sleep number beds are made to contour your entire body allowing your muscles to relax and sometimes thats a different sensation so it might take more than a night or two. Plus I think most people actually start off with a different sleep number than what they end up with. I thought my number was 55 when I got my bed. I now sleep blissfully at a 40. My husband also started higher and is now a 45. You should give it another try. They are fabulous beds!! Annette

Anonymous said...

Location: Baltimore,Md
The series 5000 didn't have a pillowtop which was very comfy at the time and affordable.
After a we had our children and our family grew in size we needed more and by that time they had updated newer models with "pillowtops" that really make a big difference in 'omfort'.
I own Four Select Comfort Beds And I'm Feel WONDERFUL.

I own series 5000 in a King Size bed and a 7000 King Size and two 4000 full sized beds .
I'll tell you my story. I first owned many years ago a Beauty Rest Bed we all heard about them I am sure. Well,the guarantee was for twenty years but the big deal was you had to keep your receipt and we had a flood and couldn't prove when we bought it. The man came and knew what year it was from the label on the bed,measured the bed with a yardstick for depth of use to pro-rate it as he removed it and took it with him and now I had to with a letter send back to me
soon send $300 for every 3 months and guess when we bought it and from whom ? As they were out of business. It could have costed us $1200 and then gotten pro-rated before it was all said and done and what aggravation from them Beauty Rest that is.It wasn't worth it.
All this time,I was going back and forth day after day after work as I was a tractor trailer driver traveling 650 miles a day and sure was tired each day looking for a good nights sleep . So what better way to find a bed then to look
around at every place in town that sold beds for over a year and a half. Select Comfort knew me by my first name when I walked in their store and never got hustled out once. Always treated me like a customer. I always fell asleep quickly on their beds and tested each one of them daily until
one of them presented me with a proposal to try one of their beds in my home for 90 days which was going on during that time(now it's 30 days )(not sure if free pick up
is still going on)
and if not delighted they would pick it up free of charge providing I would save all the boxes etc.. Well needless to say - the first 5000 was just superb . My lower backache I had was gone with two months. Probably caused from those springs that had sprung ! Now there's no more springs just air ! It was easy to put together . Now I own four beds . From all the recommending to all of my friends I got one of my beds "FREE". for one of my children . This is a very reputable company . You will be excited with your buy once you sleep on air with your partner or without . The ability to have each of you sleep with two separate chambers of air softnesses or one firmer then the other can't be beat. I compared all the competitors warranties with Select Comfort this is where you will find a MAJOR DIFFERENCE for the better . DOn't throw away your good hard earned money . Put in a place that you can trust that will there tomorrow . My bet is with Select Comfort . If you could afford it stay with the best ! I know Quality when I see it . They stand 100 % behind there products .
Now one more thing - last year I bought from them to save on electricity is turning off the thermostat at night without freezing myself out of home . I did this thru a dual controlled heater blan ket with a 10 hour timer that shuts off automatically in case you forget that is washable as well and is so comfy you just wouldn'y believe ...Try it you'll LOVE IT ! Select Comfort Warming Blanket .... I hope this answers your questions ! Dan

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

i don't know why it didn't work out with us...

My Sleep NumberImage by Alana Elliott via Flickr
we tried and conquered the sleep number bed.  it actually ended up conquering us.  i don't know...i hesitate to say it's not wonderful, because we don't know if the one we used was broken or not.  we will be trying the bed again, however, in Duluth, because this radisson has all sleep number beds.  so, you will be getting an update soon enough about it. 

i will say this.  our experiences with it were as follows:

Night one: i had mine set for 25 and he had his set for 55.  midway through the night i woke up with an object on me...no wait, that's him.  because our settings were so different, he had rolled down to my land.  didn't bother rolling him back, went back to sleep.
Night two: we had them equal....both woke up with gross backs. 

the rest of the trip went like night two, so i won't bore you with details.  i'm assuming they have to be amazing...i 've never heard of anyone getting them that didn't like them.  maybe we will be amazed when we try the one in the hotel.  not sure. 

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I've only tried this type of bed once. It was a queen size at hubby's aunt & uncle's & we were there for a week.

I remember we weren't too impressed with it, which disappointed me 'cause i thought we'd want one. 'Course, maybe CA King would be different. I don't remember what our issues were with it - that was a few years ago - just that it didn't impress us much.

Good luck with this. We managed with a bizarre set up (foam rubber base) where mine is softer than his. Then a couple temepedic pads on top. Works for us, but is kind of funky.

anmanwar said...

I think it always takes more than a night or two to get used to a new type of bed. When we got our sleep number bed (about 3 years ago) it was super comfy from the get go (our old mattress was horribly hard) but it did take a while to get used to a new type of bed. Sleep number beds are made to contour your entire body allowing your muscles to relax and sometimes thats a different sensation so it might take more than a night or two. Plus I think most people actually start off with a different sleep number than what they end up with. I thought my number was 55 when I got my bed. I now sleep blissfully at a 40. My husband also started higher and is now a 45. You should give it another try. They are fabulous beds!! Annette

Anonymous said...

Location: Baltimore,Md
The series 5000 didn't have a pillowtop which was very comfy at the time and affordable.
After a we had our children and our family grew in size we needed more and by that time they had updated newer models with "pillowtops" that really make a big difference in 'omfort'.
I own Four Select Comfort Beds And I'm Feel WONDERFUL.

I own series 5000 in a King Size bed and a 7000 King Size and two 4000 full sized beds .
I'll tell you my story. I first owned many years ago a Beauty Rest Bed we all heard about them I am sure. Well,the guarantee was for twenty years but the big deal was you had to keep your receipt and we had a flood and couldn't prove when we bought it. The man came and knew what year it was from the label on the bed,measured the bed with a yardstick for depth of use to pro-rate it as he removed it and took it with him and now I had to with a letter send back to me
soon send $300 for every 3 months and guess when we bought it and from whom ? As they were out of business. It could have costed us $1200 and then gotten pro-rated before it was all said and done and what aggravation from them Beauty Rest that is.It wasn't worth it.
All this time,I was going back and forth day after day after work as I was a tractor trailer driver traveling 650 miles a day and sure was tired each day looking for a good nights sleep . So what better way to find a bed then to look
around at every place in town that sold beds for over a year and a half. Select Comfort knew me by my first name when I walked in their store and never got hustled out once. Always treated me like a customer. I always fell asleep quickly on their beds and tested each one of them daily until
one of them presented me with a proposal to try one of their beds in my home for 90 days which was going on during that time(now it's 30 days )(not sure if free pick up
is still going on)
and if not delighted they would pick it up free of charge providing I would save all the boxes etc.. Well needless to say - the first 5000 was just superb . My lower backache I had was gone with two months. Probably caused from those springs that had sprung ! Now there's no more springs just air ! It was easy to put together . Now I own four beds . From all the recommending to all of my friends I got one of my beds "FREE". for one of my children . This is a very reputable company . You will be excited with your buy once you sleep on air with your partner or without . The ability to have each of you sleep with two separate chambers of air softnesses or one firmer then the other can't be beat. I compared all the competitors warranties with Select Comfort this is where you will find a MAJOR DIFFERENCE for the better . DOn't throw away your good hard earned money . Put in a place that you can trust that will there tomorrow . My bet is with Select Comfort . If you could afford it stay with the best ! I know Quality when I see it . They stand 100 % behind there products .
Now one more thing - last year I bought from them to save on electricity is turning off the thermostat at night without freezing myself out of home . I did this thru a dual controlled heater blan ket with a 10 hour timer that shuts off automatically in case you forget that is washable as well and is so comfy you just wouldn'y believe ...Try it you'll LOVE IT ! Select Comfort Warming Blanket .... I hope this answers your questions ! Dan