Wednesday, June 4, 2008

when I go clubbing


I was in Express yesterday, reluctantly. Reluctantly because, well, I just don’t know if I “fit” in there anymore. I mean, the girls that work there are easily 15 years my junior. But, I thought, “hey, I’m looking for fun summer clothing, it’s o.k. if it’s young looking”. I go in and seriously, most dresses were so short, I would likely wear them as t-shirts. And then the t-shirts were so long, I could wear them as dresses. I looked across the store at these mannequins and AH HA! I had found what I was looking for. A beautiful tank top with clear sequins on it and a elegant design. Exactly what I was looking for….nice, flashy, but still classy. I was on my way to the cash register and a salesgirl stopped me. She says, “Oh, don’t you LOVE that?” (insert valley girl voice here…even though we are in colorado). I say, “yes, I really do.” She says (this is the first thing that makes me inch a little closer to bringing it back to the table where I got it from), “I am going to get one when I get my paycheck” I say, “oh that’s cool, it will look good on you” Then she says to me, in the most serious voice you can imagine…still valleygirl though, “there is something that will make you want this even more though, I bet you didn’t even consider it yet” I say, “what’s that?” She says, “this shirt will look phenomenal when you go to the clubs that you do, you know…when you are dancing around, everyone will look at you because it’s so shimmery…that’s why I’m getting it”

I begrudgingly looked down at the shirt…felt old, and brought it back to the table, folded it up, and walked out of the store.

1 comments:

Typette said...

LOL -- i wanna see a pic of this flashy shirt!

i tried doing the club scene again and it was just too weird.

Glad to know you are still alive though! Did you fin. the book?

Hope all is well -- whens the marathon.

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

when I go clubbing

I was in Express yesterday, reluctantly. Reluctantly because, well, I just don’t know if I “fit” in there anymore. I mean, the girls that work there are easily 15 years my junior. But, I thought, “hey, I’m looking for fun summer clothing, it’s o.k. if it’s young looking”. I go in and seriously, most dresses were so short, I would likely wear them as t-shirts. And then the t-shirts were so long, I could wear them as dresses. I looked across the store at these mannequins and AH HA! I had found what I was looking for. A beautiful tank top with clear sequins on it and a elegant design. Exactly what I was looking for….nice, flashy, but still classy. I was on my way to the cash register and a salesgirl stopped me. She says, “Oh, don’t you LOVE that?” (insert valley girl voice here…even though we are in colorado). I say, “yes, I really do.” She says (this is the first thing that makes me inch a little closer to bringing it back to the table where I got it from), “I am going to get one when I get my paycheck” I say, “oh that’s cool, it will look good on you” Then she says to me, in the most serious voice you can imagine…still valleygirl though, “there is something that will make you want this even more though, I bet you didn’t even consider it yet” I say, “what’s that?” She says, “this shirt will look phenomenal when you go to the clubs that you do, you know…when you are dancing around, everyone will look at you because it’s so shimmery…that’s why I’m getting it”

I begrudgingly looked down at the shirt…felt old, and brought it back to the table, folded it up, and walked out of the store.

1 comments:

Typette said...

LOL -- i wanna see a pic of this flashy shirt!

i tried doing the club scene again and it was just too weird.

Glad to know you are still alive though! Did you fin. the book?

Hope all is well -- whens the marathon.