Thursday, June 5, 2008


So….(yes, this one deserves to start with a so), the other day, I am in the house cleaning and in stumbles t. He has blood everywhere, his clothes are ripped up in places and basically non existent in others. He says, “go get the car” I have no clue what he is talking about, so I ask and he says, “I just got run over, go pull the car in”. This is all a bit surreal to me at this point and why I went to go to pull the car in, I have no clue, but I did. Then I go inside. Basically what happened is, t was in the garage, in the trunk, fixing a speaker. He felt like he was moving suddenly. He sat up and saw that the car was going down the driveway, towards the retention pond across the street. He jumped out, we don’t know if he was trying to stop the car, or jump out of the way, but he put his butt on the bumper, his feet on the ground and then fell. He was pushed about 20 feet by the car, grinding him along the road. It came to a stop by rolling up his shoulder and somehow, via superhuman strength, he pushed the car off him and up almost the full 20 feet. He got out from under it and walked in the door. I’d post pictures, but it is nasty and he is beat up. No broken bones that we know of. He refused to go to the emergency room until that night. They didn’t xray his ribs, only Ct scan, which confuses me, since they xrayed everything else. But he is healing. Planning on skating, albeit slowly at Baxter.

2 comments:

Typette said...

ok, so that is just friggen bizarre-oh. Seriously -- it's kinda freaky in a way.. is he really okay?
Yikers -- it freaks me out, b/c it seems like something i would do -- and have tried --- running in back of a car to stop it from rolling down a hill -- what was I thinking --
Well -- at least he is alive -- I can't believe his pain tolerance...what a man!!!

Typette said...

oh -- the book -- i'm on page 250 -- i stopped there -- wasn't sure where ya went.. LOL -- I could prob finish the book by the end of the week or mid next -- did you finish it already?

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

So….(yes, this one deserves to start with a so), the other day, I am in the house cleaning and in stumbles t. He has blood everywhere, his clothes are ripped up in places and basically non existent in others. He says, “go get the car” I have no clue what he is talking about, so I ask and he says, “I just got run over, go pull the car in”. This is all a bit surreal to me at this point and why I went to go to pull the car in, I have no clue, but I did. Then I go inside. Basically what happened is, t was in the garage, in the trunk, fixing a speaker. He felt like he was moving suddenly. He sat up and saw that the car was going down the driveway, towards the retention pond across the street. He jumped out, we don’t know if he was trying to stop the car, or jump out of the way, but he put his butt on the bumper, his feet on the ground and then fell. He was pushed about 20 feet by the car, grinding him along the road. It came to a stop by rolling up his shoulder and somehow, via superhuman strength, he pushed the car off him and up almost the full 20 feet. He got out from under it and walked in the door. I’d post pictures, but it is nasty and he is beat up. No broken bones that we know of. He refused to go to the emergency room until that night. They didn’t xray his ribs, only Ct scan, which confuses me, since they xrayed everything else. But he is healing. Planning on skating, albeit slowly at Baxter.

2 comments:

Typette said...

ok, so that is just friggen bizarre-oh. Seriously -- it's kinda freaky in a way.. is he really okay?
Yikers -- it freaks me out, b/c it seems like something i would do -- and have tried --- running in back of a car to stop it from rolling down a hill -- what was I thinking --
Well -- at least he is alive -- I can't believe his pain tolerance...what a man!!!

Typette said...

oh -- the book -- i'm on page 250 -- i stopped there -- wasn't sure where ya went.. LOL -- I could prob finish the book by the end of the week or mid next -- did you finish it already?