Wednesday, March 26, 2008


It is a wonder that people around actually have any self esteem. I don't understand how our society is so programmed into thinking that you actually HAVE to be with someone in order to be happy. Valentine's Day is the prime example. My friend and I were talking the other day about flowers. I said that I hadn't gotten flowers in probably 8 years or something. She was shocked. What is funny is that I didn't announce this to people over the years, but simply I guess haven't been with people that gave flowers. I explained that one incident in general marred my flower experience for life. I was 21 and my cousin took me out for a night on the town....we met these two guys, nice enough, but my cousin and I were really out just for us. We weren't trying to pick up on anyone at all, we were just dancing and having a good time. Anyway, we spoke to these guys for a little while and then at the end of the night, parted ways. The next day, this VAN pulls up about three houses down from ours. Mom and I were looking out the window and see this man...well, they were actually just legs and a plethora of roses coming at us. We were like, "Who are those for? Oooooh, someone must have done something right" Well, lo and behold the rose legs come to our house. They were from this guy from the night before. There were three dozen of them. Now, what got me the most, was not the romantic nature of the situations (which I didn't think it was), but more the fact that this guy must have spend hundreds on that for someone that he didn't even know. What I think happened is that my cousin told him my last name and for some reason, he thought I had money (which is NOT the case, clearly). It really was annoying more than anything, because at the age of 21, I felt that I owed this person to go out.

0 comments:

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

It is a wonder that people around actually have any self esteem. I don't understand how our society is so programmed into thinking that you actually HAVE to be with someone in order to be happy. Valentine's Day is the prime example. My friend and I were talking the other day about flowers. I said that I hadn't gotten flowers in probably 8 years or something. She was shocked. What is funny is that I didn't announce this to people over the years, but simply I guess haven't been with people that gave flowers. I explained that one incident in general marred my flower experience for life. I was 21 and my cousin took me out for a night on the town....we met these two guys, nice enough, but my cousin and I were really out just for us. We weren't trying to pick up on anyone at all, we were just dancing and having a good time. Anyway, we spoke to these guys for a little while and then at the end of the night, parted ways. The next day, this VAN pulls up about three houses down from ours. Mom and I were looking out the window and see this man...well, they were actually just legs and a plethora of roses coming at us. We were like, "Who are those for? Oooooh, someone must have done something right" Well, lo and behold the rose legs come to our house. They were from this guy from the night before. There were three dozen of them. Now, what got me the most, was not the romantic nature of the situations (which I didn't think it was), but more the fact that this guy must have spend hundreds on that for someone that he didn't even know. What I think happened is that my cousin told him my last name and for some reason, he thought I had money (which is NOT the case, clearly). It really was annoying more than anything, because at the age of 21, I felt that I owed this person to go out.

0 comments: