A few things happened this week to make me ask this question. first of all, i have some friends, that have owed me money for quite some time and i have yet to see it. i heard from them that i would be getting it, and proceeded to tell someone this and they said, "yeah, but when will you really see it?" after thinking a while, I thought, "well, I really don't know when I'll see it, because i was supposed to see it a year ago". What would make me think that i would see it, other than sheer optimism on my part? I'm always quoting the dr. philism of "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior", but only this week am i realizing how much my human nature doesn't let me believe that.
i bought some halloween decorations and intended to put them outside. when i was showing t all of my goodies for the holiday, he asked where i was putting this one, that is CLEARLY supposed to go on your front door. I told him this and he looked horrified. "NO! someone will steal it"
This never occurred to me.
Then, we have some friends that are thinking about filling their pumpkins with cement so that kids won't take them and smash them!
REALLY?
oh my gosh, i can't believe I'm this naive. i kinda like it
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
a little something about me and the life i choose to live!
is it better to think the worst?
Posted by
justme
on Tuesday, October 28, 2008
A few things happened this week to make me ask this question. first of all, i have some friends, that have owed me money for quite some time and i have yet to see it. i heard from them that i would be getting it, and proceeded to tell someone this and they said, "yeah, but when will you really see it?" after thinking a while, I thought, "well, I really don't know when I'll see it, because i was supposed to see it a year ago". What would make me think that i would see it, other than sheer optimism on my part? I'm always quoting the dr. philism of "the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior", but only this week am i realizing how much my human nature doesn't let me believe that.
i bought some halloween decorations and intended to put them outside. when i was showing t all of my goodies for the holiday, he asked where i was putting this one, that is CLEARLY supposed to go on your front door. I told him this and he looked horrified. "NO! someone will steal it"
This never occurred to me.
Then, we have some friends that are thinking about filling their pumpkins with cement so that kids won't take them and smash them!
REALLY?
oh my gosh, i can't believe I'm this naive. i kinda like it
i bought some halloween decorations and intended to put them outside. when i was showing t all of my goodies for the holiday, he asked where i was putting this one, that is CLEARLY supposed to go on your front door. I told him this and he looked horrified. "NO! someone will steal it"
This never occurred to me.
Then, we have some friends that are thinking about filling their pumpkins with cement so that kids won't take them and smash them!
REALLY?
oh my gosh, i can't believe I'm this naive. i kinda like it


0 comments:
Post a Comment