Tuesday, November 2, 2010

real blogging


Blogs on JoopeAImage via Wikipedia
i've been reading a plethora of blogs lately that complain about how many of the blogs they read are so negative and that they are revamping their reading, because they want to get rid of the negativity in their lives.  it made me start thinking...1.  is mine one of those negative ones?  and then 2.  why would i change what i'm writing in order to write what other people want to hear?  and 3.  why were they telling people this, if not to make them wonder if that blog was theirs? 

anyway, it got me thinking of what i read and if there are similarities.  to be honest, i love blogs that portray people's lives in the best possible light.  that is awesome if your life is so great that you have sunshine coming out of every orifice of your body, and that in turn, gets passed on to everyone that comes in contact with you.  but also, i have never, in person, met that individual.  we all have bad days....maybe not BAD, BAD, but we have all had trying times.  i know a specific individual who acts like the sunshiney, happy individual on a daily basis...but she is fake...and she knows it....and she is a SAD person, and has told me so. 

I'm not saying that everyone who has a completely positive blog is SAD...by no means am i saying that.  but i do think it's interesting the persona that we take on in our blogs.  are you pigeon-holed into a certain facade because of the tone that your blog has ALWAYS had?  Do you ever feel like writing about something else? 

I know that I have, but I have been very careful about that, due to work and friendships that i've had.   i NEVER write anything on here that will be discovered by someone that i know.  i know that some of my personal friends read this, but only time to time.  it would be ridiculous to think that i would write something, that i could not tell them in person, and think that it would never be discovered. 

but call me crazy...i like knowing that everyone is human.  it makes me relate to them, and want to know more about them.  i am an abnormally happy person, and at least, that is what i feel inside.  but there are bad days..and there will continually be so...and whether i'm a glutton for punishment or not...i like hearing about them. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Negative? No, i don't find your blog that way at all. I find you real. And, as you say, you almost always are looking on the bright side.

Sometimes i do write negatively. There are things in my life that are really difficult to handle & i can't be Miss Suzy Sunshine to please others.

I struggle with the "Am i being too negative" stuff. Recently i did have someone leave who posted in her blog that i only complain & that "everyone in her life can't be that bad."

My hubby is amused (somewhat) that someone i never knew, have never met, & to whom i have only a slight connection, could upset me so. I didn't mind so much that she chose to have that opinion. That she would POST it in her blog was a blow.

Most of the time i believe i do look on the bright side, or at least struggle to. When i come across someone who is negative much of the time, i do a self-check, "Am i that way? Am i responding poorly to this person because i see myself in them & don't like it?"

For the most part, i think this woman's (the blogger's) assessment was unfair, & i think i understand some of the reason she may have chosen to feel this way. But i still have issue with her posting it on her blog. Folks come & go all the time. I think that 70% of the folks listed as my "follower" never show up. The nature of blogging, i guess.

I think you are wise not to post anything of relationship negatives. I have done that some, because the folks i've written about are not likely to ever read me. However, i think those posts need to be deleted.

I've been using blogging as a journal of sorts, in journals i wrote whatever i felt. However, blogging IS different because you are allowing whoever to read it.

I am a bit amused that you are wondering if you are negative, because, by contrast that makes mine a doom & gloom & deeply dark blog.

Kate said...

I've lost quite a few readers since I started to get back on track and more healthy. People were coming for the train wreck drama. And now that I'm NOT that on a daily basis, am more upbeat and positive about my life, I lose readers. I think it's funny.

kilax said...

You aren't one of the negative bloggers. And I have been wanting to mention that on my blog to see if anyone else felt the same way. I didn't intend to make people wonder if it was them. :(

I tend to be a positive blogger - I blog when I am excited about something or generally in a good mood. All of my breaks from blogging have been during the down moments in my life. It's a weird cycle for me!

justme said...

kilax, no i wasn't referring specifically to you...but it was after reading about 4 or 5 of these posts in the past week...i just started thinking about it.

kate, you have a great mix in your posts...if you are having a good day, you tell people...if you're not, you don't!

Kathyrn, LOL, i don't find your blog depressing...i think you are very genuine!

Pea said...

For me on my first blog I did sometimes feel like I had to put a sweet face forward just because I knew my family was reading. But I don't really feel that way anymore just because if people love me then they'll have to accept my feelings too. I haven't been blogging as much as I like anyway. I'm just the sort of person where one never needs to guess how I feel. I do think it's important to respect the privacy of the people I love.

I don't see you as a negative writer though either. You seem to just write your thoughts. I think it would be boring to just write the same old same old whether it was positive or negative everyday. But I don't think anyone needs to change what they write about just because someone mentioned that the blogs they've been reading is too negative. People should blog for themselves not for the amusement of their readers.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog, but I have to say I agree 100%... it really is awesome if someone is truly positive all of the time, but life isn't always sunshine and rainbows, and quite frankly, I find it a little scary when someone is SO UPBEAT ALL THE TIME.

<3 <3

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

real blogging

Blogs on JoopeAImage via Wikipedia
i've been reading a plethora of blogs lately that complain about how many of the blogs they read are so negative and that they are revamping their reading, because they want to get rid of the negativity in their lives.  it made me start thinking...1.  is mine one of those negative ones?  and then 2.  why would i change what i'm writing in order to write what other people want to hear?  and 3.  why were they telling people this, if not to make them wonder if that blog was theirs? 

anyway, it got me thinking of what i read and if there are similarities.  to be honest, i love blogs that portray people's lives in the best possible light.  that is awesome if your life is so great that you have sunshine coming out of every orifice of your body, and that in turn, gets passed on to everyone that comes in contact with you.  but also, i have never, in person, met that individual.  we all have bad days....maybe not BAD, BAD, but we have all had trying times.  i know a specific individual who acts like the sunshiney, happy individual on a daily basis...but she is fake...and she knows it....and she is a SAD person, and has told me so. 

I'm not saying that everyone who has a completely positive blog is SAD...by no means am i saying that.  but i do think it's interesting the persona that we take on in our blogs.  are you pigeon-holed into a certain facade because of the tone that your blog has ALWAYS had?  Do you ever feel like writing about something else? 

I know that I have, but I have been very careful about that, due to work and friendships that i've had.   i NEVER write anything on here that will be discovered by someone that i know.  i know that some of my personal friends read this, but only time to time.  it would be ridiculous to think that i would write something, that i could not tell them in person, and think that it would never be discovered. 

but call me crazy...i like knowing that everyone is human.  it makes me relate to them, and want to know more about them.  i am an abnormally happy person, and at least, that is what i feel inside.  but there are bad days..and there will continually be so...and whether i'm a glutton for punishment or not...i like hearing about them. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

Kathryn said...

Negative? No, i don't find your blog that way at all. I find you real. And, as you say, you almost always are looking on the bright side.

Sometimes i do write negatively. There are things in my life that are really difficult to handle & i can't be Miss Suzy Sunshine to please others.

I struggle with the "Am i being too negative" stuff. Recently i did have someone leave who posted in her blog that i only complain & that "everyone in her life can't be that bad."

My hubby is amused (somewhat) that someone i never knew, have never met, & to whom i have only a slight connection, could upset me so. I didn't mind so much that she chose to have that opinion. That she would POST it in her blog was a blow.

Most of the time i believe i do look on the bright side, or at least struggle to. When i come across someone who is negative much of the time, i do a self-check, "Am i that way? Am i responding poorly to this person because i see myself in them & don't like it?"

For the most part, i think this woman's (the blogger's) assessment was unfair, & i think i understand some of the reason she may have chosen to feel this way. But i still have issue with her posting it on her blog. Folks come & go all the time. I think that 70% of the folks listed as my "follower" never show up. The nature of blogging, i guess.

I think you are wise not to post anything of relationship negatives. I have done that some, because the folks i've written about are not likely to ever read me. However, i think those posts need to be deleted.

I've been using blogging as a journal of sorts, in journals i wrote whatever i felt. However, blogging IS different because you are allowing whoever to read it.

I am a bit amused that you are wondering if you are negative, because, by contrast that makes mine a doom & gloom & deeply dark blog.

Kate said...

I've lost quite a few readers since I started to get back on track and more healthy. People were coming for the train wreck drama. And now that I'm NOT that on a daily basis, am more upbeat and positive about my life, I lose readers. I think it's funny.

kilax said...

You aren't one of the negative bloggers. And I have been wanting to mention that on my blog to see if anyone else felt the same way. I didn't intend to make people wonder if it was them. :(

I tend to be a positive blogger - I blog when I am excited about something or generally in a good mood. All of my breaks from blogging have been during the down moments in my life. It's a weird cycle for me!

justme said...

kilax, no i wasn't referring specifically to you...but it was after reading about 4 or 5 of these posts in the past week...i just started thinking about it.

kate, you have a great mix in your posts...if you are having a good day, you tell people...if you're not, you don't!

Kathyrn, LOL, i don't find your blog depressing...i think you are very genuine!

Pea said...

For me on my first blog I did sometimes feel like I had to put a sweet face forward just because I knew my family was reading. But I don't really feel that way anymore just because if people love me then they'll have to accept my feelings too. I haven't been blogging as much as I like anyway. I'm just the sort of person where one never needs to guess how I feel. I do think it's important to respect the privacy of the people I love.

I don't see you as a negative writer though either. You seem to just write your thoughts. I think it would be boring to just write the same old same old whether it was positive or negative everyday. But I don't think anyone needs to change what they write about just because someone mentioned that the blogs they've been reading is too negative. People should blog for themselves not for the amusement of their readers.

Anonymous said...

I just stumbled across your blog, but I have to say I agree 100%... it really is awesome if someone is truly positive all of the time, but life isn't always sunshine and rainbows, and quite frankly, I find it a little scary when someone is SO UPBEAT ALL THE TIME.

<3 <3