Monday, January 31, 2011

the scoop!


so, lots has been going on lately, but apparently i haven't gotten time to write about it.  we have been busy, as usual with work.  lots of drama occurs when females work together.  more so than when it's just men, in my opinion.  there is a lot of gossip, more speculation, and a lot of laughing that goes on.  as i mentioned, working with girls also means baby talk.  i agree with all of you on my last post.  juni, i completely agree, especially when people are TRYING to have children...to hear talk of that non stop, must be gut wrenching.  it is for me and i'm not even trying to have kids.  i just think it's a matter of sensitivity involved...on both sides, for people that have kids and people that don't.  i've come to grips with some of it, i think i may go talk to a woman that is involved that doesn't have kids and see how she feels about it/deals with it in the workplace. 

my father in law was in town this weekend.  we had a great time.  t went out of his way to really make his dad feel welcome.  he re did the bedroom completely.  it looks amazing.  then he put a basket full of treats in the room that his dad likes: beef jerky, cheez its, chips, etc.  then he went out and bought one of those fancy coffee machines, you know the one that makes one cup at a time?  it's so cool....and it makes green tea!  i got some and it's SO good. 

on a health note, the doctors never found out what is wrong.  they think it's an autoimmune something or other, but i did find through all the tests, that 1.  my cholesterol is high, but my good cholesterol is so good, they will not put me on meds at this young age.  2.  i had a severe vitamin D deficiency, a omega 3 deficiency and a calcium deficiency!  needless to say, the next day, i went out and got a whole stash of vitamins. 

on a great note, we are going to St. Thomas in april!  we won a trip and my parents, their best friends and us are going a little trip!  can't wait!  t is less than excited for the actual travel part, but I'm really thrilled for it!!!

1 comments:

The Wifey said...

WTF -- maybe the Autoimmune thing you have is what I have/had? They said the same thing for me, and the Vitamin D3 thing is HUGE! I take A minimum of 8000IU's a day (liquid - Carlson Ddrops bottle. Each drop = 4000IUs.)

It will help SOOOO much. Maybe it's an asian thing? Omega 3 is big too, but should be easy enough to up :-) don't you eat lots of fish? lol

Anywho, I hope the vitamins help you feel better and I'm soooo happy they think it's only a syndrome and not a disease at this point (from the sounds of it) --- oooooooh phew!

I can't wait for you to go to St.Thomas so I can see pics and imagine being there too!! It's so freakin' cold this year and the snow and ice in NJ has been a bit insane.

You've warranted a break so this is sooo good for you . No baby talk, no doctors ... no snow... :-)

PS I think it's sweet what T did to prep for his dad coming in ... It's cute too... espec. for a grown man to go out of his way like that. And so you got a Keurig?! Man, I want one soooo bad, and I don't even drink coffee much! It's great to entertain too!

a little something about me and the life i choose to live!

the scoop!

so, lots has been going on lately, but apparently i haven't gotten time to write about it.  we have been busy, as usual with work.  lots of drama occurs when females work together.  more so than when it's just men, in my opinion.  there is a lot of gossip, more speculation, and a lot of laughing that goes on.  as i mentioned, working with girls also means baby talk.  i agree with all of you on my last post.  juni, i completely agree, especially when people are TRYING to have children...to hear talk of that non stop, must be gut wrenching.  it is for me and i'm not even trying to have kids.  i just think it's a matter of sensitivity involved...on both sides, for people that have kids and people that don't.  i've come to grips with some of it, i think i may go talk to a woman that is involved that doesn't have kids and see how she feels about it/deals with it in the workplace. 

my father in law was in town this weekend.  we had a great time.  t went out of his way to really make his dad feel welcome.  he re did the bedroom completely.  it looks amazing.  then he put a basket full of treats in the room that his dad likes: beef jerky, cheez its, chips, etc.  then he went out and bought one of those fancy coffee machines, you know the one that makes one cup at a time?  it's so cool....and it makes green tea!  i got some and it's SO good. 

on a health note, the doctors never found out what is wrong.  they think it's an autoimmune something or other, but i did find through all the tests, that 1.  my cholesterol is high, but my good cholesterol is so good, they will not put me on meds at this young age.  2.  i had a severe vitamin D deficiency, a omega 3 deficiency and a calcium deficiency!  needless to say, the next day, i went out and got a whole stash of vitamins. 

on a great note, we are going to St. Thomas in april!  we won a trip and my parents, their best friends and us are going a little trip!  can't wait!  t is less than excited for the actual travel part, but I'm really thrilled for it!!!

1 comments:

The Wifey said...

WTF -- maybe the Autoimmune thing you have is what I have/had? They said the same thing for me, and the Vitamin D3 thing is HUGE! I take A minimum of 8000IU's a day (liquid - Carlson Ddrops bottle. Each drop = 4000IUs.)

It will help SOOOO much. Maybe it's an asian thing? Omega 3 is big too, but should be easy enough to up :-) don't you eat lots of fish? lol

Anywho, I hope the vitamins help you feel better and I'm soooo happy they think it's only a syndrome and not a disease at this point (from the sounds of it) --- oooooooh phew!

I can't wait for you to go to St.Thomas so I can see pics and imagine being there too!! It's so freakin' cold this year and the snow and ice in NJ has been a bit insane.

You've warranted a break so this is sooo good for you . No baby talk, no doctors ... no snow... :-)

PS I think it's sweet what T did to prep for his dad coming in ... It's cute too... espec. for a grown man to go out of his way like that. And so you got a Keurig?! Man, I want one soooo bad, and I don't even drink coffee much! It's great to entertain too!